Leaf Certified - does it matter?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StrangerTides

Just wondering if it's even possible to order the Leaf from a dealer who's not listed as "Leaf Certified" on the "find a dealer" Leaf page. Anyone know for sure?

The reason I ask is that I've gotten poor responses from most of the dealers I've tried contacting, and the one that seems to be the best is not marked "Leaf Certified." He's going to call me back tomorrow with more info, but just curious if anyone's had experience with this situation.

Thanks.

I asked the same question if CS in early december 2010 when my preferred dealer had not flipped to certified and i thought my order was due any day

they replied no , the dealer would not be able to deliver the car

For the record, I confirmed what you said is still true, kmp.

From Leaf CS:
It is not possible to order a LEAF from a dealership that is not LEAF certified. In order for a dealership to become LEAF certified they must speak to their DOM or District Operation Manager about becoming LEAF certified. I apologize if the dealerships you have spoken to do not have much information for you. They are likely freshly trained as your state was just recently opened to ordering.

My husband called one of the dealers yesterday that did not show that they were Leaf certified on the Leaf "find a dealer" page. Turns out that they ARE certified and the page has not been updated to reflect this.

Well the Royal Palm Nissan guys said something like that initially, but after I asked them to check into it, they found there were some additional tests they needed to take to get certified, and once they did that the page updated (yesterday) to show them as certified.

Back