JuiceBox Basic ver 8.9 is sold

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlennD

have a JuiceBox Basic with the latest version 8.9 board for sale.

This unit auto detects L1 and L2. The L2 pilot is adjustable from 22A to 59A. I will set the pilot to match the J1772 cable used.

This consists of a 50A range cable with a 14-50 plug, A Qianji 80A relay, and a JuiceBox ver 8.9 EVSE board mounted in a 8X8X4 inch electrical junction box. I have added power and charging LEDs.

This is available with no J1772 cable for $200. I can supply a modified Blink cable for an additional $100. If you have Quick Charge Power drop ship a flexable 40A cable I will install it for you. I have done this several times.

Local pickup in Anaheim is available or I can ship it for an additional $25.

This is sold ASIS but I guarantee it will work upon receipt. Payment is cash for local pickup or Paypal if I ship the unit.

http://www.quickchargepower.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I see that it has the new JuiceBox PCB (V8.9) just announced earlier this week by EMW. How did you get this new board so fast, and if you don't mind me asking, why are you selling it already? Also, from viewing the 2nd picture with the lid off, it looks like the AC Relay is wired in backwards, i.e. the input power conductors are connected to the contactor terminals on the output side of the relay, but how can that be???

Glenn has been building affordable and reliable EVSEs for members as a hobby. So he received a new version of JuiceBox PCB (V8.9) from the developer to test and to provide feedback. If you go to this thread: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=6546" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; you will see more of what's going on. This is a great price for EVSE that can charge up to 59A, just wish it has some kind of LED to display AMP.

There is no right or wrong way to wire the relay. I make the armature on the switched side so that it only has power while charging as protection for straying fingers.

I ordered the power supply and board a month ago. I guess the order was held until the new board was available. Fedex delivered it this morning. That allowed me to finish the unit.

socalev said:
Hi Glenn,

Is there a way to add a LED display to this unit? What's the cost? Thanks

I know that a display is supported. I think the board has to be relocated since it supports the display. See the JuiceBox Deluxe. I really have no desire to add a display.

I have a whole lot more experience with Chris's OpenEVSE. If I wanted a display I would base the EVSE around a OpenEVSE board.

There is certainly enough room to add a Chinese $15 voltage and current meter though.

This is just a very low cost exercise. The total of parts and shipping is around $180. Add a used cable and you have a $300 32A EVSE.

Depending on who you believe it is either a 30A cable or a 32A cable. Blink had a problem of poor crimps at the J1772 connector. The fix is to properly solder the connections. The cable has #10 conductors. Dostar calls this a 32A cable. ITT calls it a 30A cable. It really depends on how hot it gets at full current. The Blink cable is 18-20 ft long.

As far as a Leaf is concerned a 28A cable would be enough since the Leaf draws 27.5A at 240V.

I forgot that Chris included an extra meter in a goodie box that he sent to me. I added it to the JuiceBox

Back