Japanese LEAFs

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ydnas7

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGvKhJwKlxQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

worth watching for Japanese style

Thanks for posting; liked the comments by the Chief Engineer.
I still love seeing a whole line of Leafs: you can't even see that many at a dealer! :eek:

garygid said:
See the LEAF with the power-lift suspension at the very end?

Might be a popular option is some communities! :D

I'd buy it.

A variable suspension height option would probably increase LEAF freeway m/kwh significantly (Doesn't the Tesla S have it?) and also provide off-pavement capability.

I still miss my Citroen, which rolled out of the factory with variable suspension half a century ago.

Smooth and efficient freeway driving (~25 mpg at ~70 mph was pretty good for that era) for the first 300 miles till the pavement ended, then jack up the suspension to the highest setting for final miles to the end of the "4wd" track leading to the Sierra trail heads.

edatoakrun said:
A variable suspension height option would probably increase LEAF freeway m/kwh significantly (Doesn't the Tesla S have it?) and also provide off-pavement capability.
Yes, the Model S has air suspension and the ability to change ride heights, though a bit more limited than the LEAF at the end of the video. The Model S automatically lowers at highway speeds to improve aerodynamics - it takes careful suspension design to allow for adjustable ride height while maintaining alignment.

You'll also note that many of the LEAFs there had aftermarket wheels and other accessories (body-kit parts, wind deflectors for the windows) - many Japanese customize their vehicles of any sort.

Good to see that Japanese LEAF owners have the same big wishlist as most USA owners - more range and more charging infrastructure!

drees said:
...Good to see that Japanese LEAF owners have the same big wishlist as most USA owners - more range and more charging infrastructure!

Even better to see someone say definitively "we are working on that" (battery capacity). :mrgreen:

very cool vid. I lmao about the guy with the air bags on his leaf! He's def not worried about range loss, between the compressor leaching power and the heavy chrome rims.. I had an Audi Allroad which was a station wagon on steroids. It had an air suspension that would turn it into a snow thrashing beast. This suspension in the video is after market. Factory air suspensions don't have the dumps that bleed that fast. It's a gradual height adjustment on a factory air system.

Back