mod: disable alarm arm/disarm beeps from keyfob or door button

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macgeeknz

After completely silencing my MY2018 AZE1 (documented here), I decided I wanted to rid myself of the alarm arm and disarm beeps generated by the Intelligent Key Warning Module in my MY2017 AZE0 as well.

US market Leafs can disable this noise with a long keypress of (both?) buttons on the keyfob, however Japanese market Leafs such as mine do not have this luxury!

Thankfully, upon investigating I was delighted to find that in MY2017 the AZE0 has this (detestable!) module located in a somewhat easy to locate position inside the "engine bay", NOT hidden away in the right hand wheel guard as other writeups for other model years have shown. To access the module in mine you have to contort yourself a little to be able to put pressure on the release clip and pull on the wire at the same time, but with some perseverance and effort it can be achieved the first time in just minutes, and subsequent times in seconds, simply by reaching into the engine bay with the hood up.

The module is a simple piezo buzzer and disconnecting it causes no other ill effects - no warning lights, DTCs or other signs of change are apparent.

I will post three photos below for wide angle, mid angle and close up so that it is possible to see exactly where the module is.

I hope this information helps someone else (easily) quieten their Leaf, not just for their own benefit but for their neigbours' too!

AZE0-IKWB-wide.jpg

AZE0-IKWB-mid.jpg

AZE0-IKWB-close.jpg

Back