Is the 62KwH Leaf Louder?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a somewhat random question regarding the Nissan Leaf. Is the 62kWh version noticeably louder at low speeds compared rent a car dubai marina to the 40kWh version? If anyone has insights or experiences with this, please share. If this is a concern, it might be worth discussing with the dealer.
Comparing my previous '16 S 30kwh to my current '19 SL Plus, I'd say the answer is no. One thing to consider, road noise is strongly influenced by tires. In other words, put different tires on a LEAF and the noise level could significantly change.

The Gen "everyone" Prius was that way. My 2004 when the windows were rolled up, anyone outside frequently couldnt hear the backup beep at all
Yep, at least the Leaf has the warning sound OUTSIDE the car. Seems like the one in the Prius (all generations) is more to remind the driver that they put the car in reverse than to warn people outside.

Frankly, if EVs need such warning sounds so do most ICE vehicles other than those with intentionally loud exhausts. An idling car just starting to move in forward or reverse is nearly silent, especially in loud urban environments. At low speeds you don't hear the engine of most vehicles, you hear the tires on the road.

Back