Interior Door Handles - Fabric or Plastic?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Azrich

At the Electric Drive Tour yesterday in Tucson I spent about 20 minutes in and around the stationary LEAF looking at things. I noticed that the interior door handles that you use to close the doors are made of the light grey fabric, like the seats. :cry: Needless to say, they were already quite dirty. I've never seen a car with fabric handles and am hoping this is only on the pre-production models. When I went for the test drive I forgot to look at that car, but we are going back tomorrow so my partner can drive. I'll look at the other cars and take pictures.

Did anyone else notice if the door handles were all fabric? Yuk!

Door handle pic http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mossy-Nissan-Kearny-Mesa/125456374141040?v=app_6261817190#!/pages/Mossy-Nissan-Kearny-Mesa/125456374141040?v=wall

Thanks, Leon, for the photo, but I meant the handle that you grab when pulling the door closed, not the door opener handle. Fabric or plastic?

I ordered blue ocean too. Would you say that your production LEAF blue is the same as the electric tour pre-production blue?

Thanks for your help.

pic is up now http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mossy-Nissan-Kearny-Mesa/125456374141040?v=photos#!/pages/Mossy-Nissan-Kearny-Mesa/125456374141040?v=wall

Went back to the Drive Electric Tour early this morning so my partner could take another test drive. The interior door handles on the six pre-production models we checked all have fabric on the handle that you pull to close the door. The little "cup" where you put your fingers is plastic. All of them looked worn and dirty.

After-market auto gadget makers - please come up with something to cover or protect this area. The fabric used is like a faux-suede in a very light grey and needs some protection. OR, we could have a hands washing ritual before getting into the LEAF. Now, I'm sounded OCD! Yikes!

Azrich said:
Went back to the Drive Electric Tour early this morning so my partner could take another test drive. The interior door handles on the six pre-production models we checked all have fabric on the handle that you pull to close the door. The little "cup" where you put your fingers is plastic. All of them looked worn and dirty.

After-market auto gadget makers - please come up with something to cover or protect this area. The fabric used is like a faux-suede in a very light grey and needs some protection. OR, we could have a hands washing ritual before getting into the LEAF. Now, I'm sounded OCD! Yikes!

Possibly cut strips of that 'carpet protecting' plastic they use in newly carpeted homes? It;s fairly durable, slightly sticky on one side and it cut and applied well, might not look too tacky.

Back