ICEless in Seattle : Official Pacific NorthWest thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
<rant>
Getting a bit frustrated with Rairdon's communication or lack thereof, mainly because I've been trying to reach someone (there are two people) for the past week who deals with Leaf orders to get more details on my, hopefully, upcoming delivery... Every time I call, the same, very nice, lady picks up and puts me on hold until she comes back and says that Todd is unavailable and if I want to leave a message. Although leaving messages for Todd doesn't seem to return any results...
</rant>

IBELEAF said:
<rant>
Getting a bit frustrated with Rairdon's communication or lack thereof, mainly because I've been trying to reach someone (there are two people) for the past week who deals with Leaf orders to get more details on my, hopefully, upcoming delivery... Every time I call, the same, very nice, lady picks up and puts me on hold until she comes back and says that Todd is unavailable and if I want to leave a message. Although leaving messages for Todd doesn't seem to return any results...
</rant>

I sent him an email last night and haven't gotten a response today either. :/ Let us know if you hear from anyone there.

<update>Todd got back to me today and sounds excited to be selling me a car</update>

Ok, I take it back. My car is here, exactly 7 days from the email received, so I am going to do paperwork today, but pickup is tomorrow!!

I now have an appointment to install my Blink charging station next week! Let's hope they know more about the delivery schedule than my DB does - it is now saying "Pending" instead of "month of May". :roll:

Warren

I parked in a different parking lot yesterday - down near the Pink Elephant car wash. And my car made "friends" apparently. A nice black LEAF pulled in next to mine. By the way, if anyone ever runs across my LEAF - it is easy to tell because of the frame around the rear plate "Maple" and the soccer ball hanging from the rearview mirror.

1245209319_pshCC-M.jpg

1245209312_75XRd-M.jpg

SeattleBlueLeaf said:
I parked in a different parking lot yesterday - down near the Pink Elephant car wash. And my car made "friends" apparently. A nice black LEAF pulled in next to mine. By the way, if anyone ever runs across my LEAF - it is easy to tell because of the frame around the rear plate "Maple" and the soccer ball hanging from the rearview mirror.

1245209319_pshCC-M.jpg

1245209312_75XRd-M.jpg

nice.

question; are all new cars going with the "3 letter/4#" license combos or is it just for EVs?

last week I got new plate for the car I needed to sell and received a plate in this new format as well. Most likely our state ran out of 6 digit plates.

IBELEAF said:
last week I got new plate for the car I needed to sell and received a plate in this new format as well. Most likely our state ran out of 6 digit plates.

oh bummer. was hoping for exclusivity...oh well

DaveinOlyWA said:
SeattleBlueLeaf said:

1245209319_pshCC-M.jpg

1245209312_75XRd-M.jpg

nice.

question; are all new cars going with the "3 letter/4#" license combos or is it just for EVs?

Two Leafs in the same place, more rare than an Elvis sighting. Must really be spring in Seattle despite the snow on Wednesday evening.

State went to three letter/four numbers recently. I had to get new plate because the old one wouldn't show up on all the new money making, I mean traffic safety improvement cameras. If you want to keep your old 3 alpha/numeric plate it will cost you about $20.

evnow said:
The blue Nissan logo makes it look like after market black paint :lol:

No kidding. No matter what color of car you get, the emblems are the same blue! Personal opinion, I don't like it so much on the Black and Red cars. The blue obviously looks fine, and my silver one is OK. Still haven't seen a white one in person, but in pics it's not TOO bad. Seems like they would have spent an extra 5 minutes to get a better combination for the different colors. :roll:

Interesting that the black leaf only has a plate on the back. I thought in Washington State you had to have plates on front and back. Anyone know for sure? Looks nice w/o the front plate.

blackleaf said:
Interesting that the black leaf only has a plate on the back. I thought in Washington State you had to have plates on front and back. Anyone know for sure? Looks nice w/o the front plate.
You are supposed to display a front plate. Some troopers don't seem to really care, bigger fish to fry (or "salmon to bake" here in the PNW)
But you take your chances, of course. :cool:

That logo will have to go! (on my Black Leaf-- when it arrives). I assume that there is a chrome one available in the parts department that is the same size from some other model, that would be optimal. Has anyone removed these yet? Are there holes or just glue?

SteveInSeattle said:
That logo will have to go! (on my Black Leaf-- when it arrives). I assume that there is a chrome one available in the parts department that is the same size from some other model, that would be optimal. Has anyone removed these yet? Are there holes or just glue?
I was wondering the same thing Steve. On past vehicles I've owned there are holes and the emblem either snaps in, or is retained with a couple small nuts (#10-ish). If you find chrome or satin ones, be sure to let us know :D

SteveInSeattle said:

It would be cost effective and easier to just spray the logo with Black Plasti Dip and you can remove the Plasti Dip at any time.

3500398483_21d36c6587.jpg

images

http://www.amazon.com/Plastic-Intl-11203-Plasti-Dip-Spray/dp/B000LNOOEO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1302405953&sr=8-2

IBELEAF said:
SteveInSeattle said:

It would be cost effective and easier to just spray the logo with Black Plasti Dip and you can remove the Plasti Dip at any time.

3500398483_21d36c6587.jpg

images

http://www.amazon.com/Plastic-Intl-11203-Plasti-Dip-Spray/dp/B000LNOOEO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1302405953&sr=8-2
NICE! :ugeek:

Back