ICEless in Seattle : Official Pacific NorthWest thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Campbell dealership indicated couple of December deliveries earlier. Not sure, whether that still stands.

I've ordered through Campbell-Nelson and was originally told that I have a December delivery date.. I haven't been told different and the folks up there seem to be pretty good about keeping me informed so I'd assume it remains the same. No date set-in-stone yet, though..

TLeaf said:
I've ordered through Campbell-Nelson and was originally told that I have a December delivery date.. I haven't been told different and the folks up there seem to be pretty good about keeping me informed so I'd assume it remains the same. No date set-in-stone yet, though..
If you call them up they should tell you exact date if it's indeed December. Rairdon already has the date and quantity set for first delivery.

Finally had my evaluation today for the charging station. Anyone know how or when I might be able to place my order and the get a delivery date? Compared to others here in Seattle it seems like my reservation process has been one of the slowest.

well all this pretty much confirms that timing of the order is what puts you in line for delivery.

i can only hope the fed credit gets boosted to $10K so i can have a silver lining to the issues i had with the ordering process. on both April 20th and Aug 31st, i had the day off from work allowing me to immediately place my deposit or order which should have allowed me a dec delivery. but the waiver issue caused me to have to complete the order on Sept 1st during my lunch hour.

seattlemocha said:
Finally had my evaluation today for the charging station. Anyone know how or when I might be able to place my order and the get a delivery date? Compared to others here in Seattle it seems like my reservation process has been one of the slowest.
Nissan must have sent you a mail telling you when you can order. Which month did they mention ?

For those of us in the Puget Sound area, here is some charging news from the Seattle Times this morning.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2013236194_regionsfirstelectricchargingstationcomingtowoodinville.html

Region's first electric charging station coming to Woodinville

The first 240-volt, federally funded charging station for electric cars in the region will be unveiled at Wooden Cross Lutheran Church in Woodinville during a celebration on Saturday.

By Seattle Times staff

Related

The first 240-volt, federally funded charging station for electric cars in the region will be unveiled at Wooden Cross Lutheran Church in Woodinville during a celebration on Saturday.

A number of electric cars and bicycles will be on display. The event — free and open to the public — begins at 11 a.m. at the church, 17401 198th Ave. N.E.

The Puget Sound area is one of a few regions in the nation being equipped with a network of charging stations for electric vehicles. The Nissan Leaf will be sold in the region in December. The Chevy Volt, an electric car with a gas generator, goes on sale in November but is not being marketed in this area.

My, that's an ... odd ... location for a charging station to be going in.. Asides from the folks heading to church on Sunday, this site does not appear to be near any freeways, shopping centers (OK, so there is one a half mile down the road), movie theaters or any other of the usual suspects for siting a L2 charging station. This location doesn't even appear to be one of Metro's leased park-and-ride lots during the weekdays so the only positive I can make out is that it's on a relatively well-traveled road serviced by 2 bus lines.

Just noticed an email from ECOtality about a 2pm press conference today at the new Stadium Nissan in SODO. Sounds like there will be atleast one Leaf on hand for the big wigs to drive around, but might be fun to pop on by to check out what may be one of my "back-up" dealerships (it's on my way home from work as opposed to my primary dealership).

Perhaps even bigger news is the included proposed L2 and Fast-DC charger map for the Puget Sound area. I've got to admit, I like what I see! With DC fast chargers located within earshot of every part of the the Sound that I routinely drive to, I'm thinking I will be able to head out on those "moderate distance" drives (~120 miles) in the Leaf instead of the ICE car. Heck, I might even have to consider a roof rack for some skiing up at Snoqualmie considering the charger up in North Bend..

TLeaf said:
Just noticed an email from ECOtality about a 2pm press conference today at the new Stadium Nissan in SODO. Sounds like there will be atleast one Leaf on hand for the big wigs to drive around, but might be fun to pop on by to check out what may be one of my "back-up" dealerships (it's on my way home from work as opposed to my primary dealership).

Perhaps even bigger news is the included proposed L2 and Fast-DC charger map for the Puget Sound area. I've got to admit, I like what I see! With DC fast chargers located within earshot of every part of the the Sound that I routinely drive to, I'm thinking I will be able to head out on those "moderate distance" drives (~120 miles) in the Leaf instead of the ICE car. Heck, I might even have to consider a roof rack for some skiing up at Snoqualmie considering the charger up in North Bend..

Link to information about the event. Yes - I am thinking of making a quick drop by as well: http://www.ecotality.com/newsletter/10262010_Washington_EV_Infrastructure.html

nice map but wondering why it does not extend further down. L3 stations for Centralia and Vancouver were proposed. i am sure they will be installed but a relative location would be nice to know

DaveinOlyWA said:
nice map but wondering why it does not extend further down. L3 stations for Centralia and Vancouver were proposed. i am sure they will be installed but a relative location would be nice to know

Different project !

There was mention of additional Fast DC chargers along the I-5 corridor at todays press conference, along with mention of such chargers along I-90 as well, but no specifics on these yet..

"Holmes Electric" finally got a hold of me, and I finally have a survey scheduled. Apparently, my original installation estimate was "too costly" due to some magic unknown variables. My panel is about 10 feet away from the garage. :roll:

I have an order date of "November", so hopefully everything falls into place.

I received my assessment from Holmes as well just last week. Just received an email that I am approved for the free charging station. Not sure when I'll hear from Nissan as to when I can order but suspect it will be November. Anyone know what the delivery date is? Any Seattlelites with a December delivery? I would love to get a group started to meet monthly, share stories, info, experiences and ultimately participate in auto shows and EV awareness opportunities! Let me know if you're interested!

seattlemocha said:
I received my assessment from Holmes as well just last week. Just received an email that I am approved for the free charging station. Not sure when I'll hear from Nissan as to when I can order but suspect it will be November. Anyone know what the delivery date is? Any Seattlelites with a December delivery? I would love to get a group started to meet monthly, share stories, info, experiences and ultimately participate in auto shows and EV awareness opportunities! Let me know if you're interested!

I am interested in such a group.

Great and thanks for your interest! Unfortunately I don't do Facebook due to a lack of time and concerns about privacy, etc. I live in West Seattle but can set up meetings anywhere. Where do you live? Feel free to PM me if you prefer.

seattlemocha said:

What we should do is get involved in Seattle Electric Vehicle Association, which is a member of Electric Auto Association.

http://www.seattleeva.org/wiki/Main_Page

Unless otherwise posted here, or sent out over the SEVA Maillist each Monthly Meeting is Held on the Evening of the Second Tuesday of each Month commencing at 7 p.m. or there about. Meetings are held at the Church of the Nazurene at 44th St. NE, and 3rd Ave NE, just behind Dicks Drive In on 45th. Their fire damage has been repaired, and they welcome us back. We encourage visitors and members to help support this free venue with the purchase of some fine coffee and other refreshments downstairs at the Mosaic Community Coffee House.

200px-Sevalogo.gif

Latest posts

Back