I keep getting a 45,000 mile service reminder

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrFish

Anyone know why Nissan keeps on sending me a 45, 000 mile service reminder when my odometer reads only 27,000 miles? I keep ignoring them but now I'm getting paranoid :shock:

keydiver said:
I keep getting email reminders too, and they are always about double my actual mileage. :?

Hey....the dealers have to make a buck, y'know? They'll probably throw in a free oil&Filter change, and inspect your fuel pump & exhaust system. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm at 18,600 and I keep getting a 30k service reminder. Maybe they are double counting somehow.

derkraut said:
keydiver said:
I keep getting email reminders too, and they are always about double my actual mileage. :?

Hey....the dealers have to make a buck, y'know? They'll probably throw in a free oil&Filter change, and inspect your fuel pump & exhaust system. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It seems like they are not from the dealer, but from Nissan ([email protected]),

Is Carwings that far off? I stopped looking at CW data a long time ago. At least I feel better knowing it is widespread :D

Just for chuckles I decided to look at CarWings. It says I traveled 63.7 miles in 2011 and 23.5 miles so far in 2012. Maybe that's why I haven't gotten any service reminders. :D (My odometer just rolled over past 10,000 last week.)

Ray

I received an email notice about 22,500 mile service a few days ago and my actual mileage is 15,500 so it looks like mine is only off by 50%. I have been looking at CarWings data for my car and it has the distance fairly accurate. Unfortunately, the kWh used it displays is much less than reality; the average mi/kWh displayed is much higher than reality; and I have no way to determine the accuracy of the regenerated kWh.

Gerry

MrFish said:
DarkStar said:
I had to call Nissan Customer Service to get it fixed so I wouldn't keep getting the reminders for the 45,000 service.

Were you ever able to determine where they were getting the erroneous data from?
I requested to be contacted with the cause and resolution, however I was not. My guess is that it was just some bad programming on someone's part at Nissan and nothing from the vehicle or Carwings.

Back