I don't wish to purchase an EVSE, but...

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveNagy

...it seems like Nissan assumes that I do.

I did the charging inspection, and I got the quote from AE. Then I did the whole RAQ thing, and I'm currently waiting for my car to get built. (In 4 to 7 months. :))

It doesn't seem like Nissan wants to force me to buy an EVSE, but they are still asking me how I want to pay for it! (Pay on a CC, or roll it into the loan.) In fact, I haven't yet seen an EVSE that seems worth its price, and I think I can get by with the L1 "charger" for quite a while. I do plan to buy an L2 eventually, but probably not until some time after I take possession of my Leaf.

Is this a problem? Do I need to officially inform Nissan of my intentions in some way? I'm trying to avoid any snafus, down the road.

DaveNagy said:
...it seems like Nissan assumes that I do.

I did the charging inspection, and I got the quote from AE. Then I did the whole RAQ thing, and I'm currently waiting for my car to get built. (In 4 to 7 months. :))

It doesn't seem like Nissan wants to force me to buy an EVSE, but they are still asking me how I want to pay for it! (Pay on a CC, or roll it into the loan.) In fact, I haven't yet seen an EVSE that seems worth its price, and I think I can get by with the L1 "charger" for quite a while. I do plan to buy an L2 eventually, but probably not until some time after I take possession of my Leaf.

Is this a problem? Do I need to officially inform Nissan of my intentions in some way? I'm trying to avoid any snafus, down the road.

Dave, have you read through the EVSE forums yet AV specifically?

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2499

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back