Hybrid driver got 120 miles (interstate)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Goodtohave said:
theaveng said:
between 45 to 50

Mileage isn't worth dying for.

A semitrailer at 55mph may not be able to swerve around you easily towing 80 000 pounds.

I couldn't care less if it's legal.

Go with the flow of traffic.

most states require semis to drive at a lower maximum speed than regular cars so they should only be going slightly more than 5 5 mph anyway. your statement is really ludicrous and not based on a smidgen of fact.

inattentiveness is the #1 cause of accidents, I will grant you but a semi approaching a slower moving vehicle will see that vehicle several minutes before any collision would happen...

Goodtohave said:
Mileage isn't worth dying for..... I couldn't care less if it's legal. Go with the flow of traffic.
Sorry but last time I checked you are neither a Cop nor a lawmaker. The minimum speed is 40 on I-210, and I was 5-10 over that. Furthermore the highway is 10 damn lanes wide. Plenty of room for me to sit in the right lane (a slowdown/exit lane I might add, where you are supposed to be cautious for merging traffic). Plenty of room for people to use the other open lanes. There's nothing more annoying than a guy who thinks he's a policeman when, in fact, he would probably never qualify to hold that job, and therefore should shut up.

If you think the min speed limit should be higher than 40, there's a process to follow. It's called democracy and a telephone & calling your legislator to ask for an increase. NOT going around and telling other citizens "DO it my qwaY or you're an asshole!" (i.e. telling them how to live their lives). Abusive is what I call that.

10 lanes! omg would I kill for that!

I will say part of my ability to drive 50-55 without issue is the state I live in. Generally WA drivers drive slower anyway. We have lower speed limits (60 in urban areas) and trust me, it is not uncommon at all to see people doing 60 mph in the far left lane or the HOV lane... (really sucks!)

The other reason I can maintain that speed easily is frequently my speed is less than that due to traffic. My drive to the office on I-5 funnels between the Nisqually Wildlife Refuge, the Nisqually Indian Reservation and the Ft. Lewis Artillery Range. there is no "going around" option.

After passing the mess aka as Main Gate; JBLM (Joint Base Lewis-Mcchord), I get to the Puyallup Freeway, then JBLM Main Gate; Mcchord, then the Downtown Tacoma Freeway. then the 167, then the 18 and so on. Each one causes traffic to slow down in the right two lanes (or more)

I cant tell you how many times I wished I could drive as fast as 35 much less 55. This is not an occasional thing. Ft. Lewis is a daily guaranteed thing, twice a day, EVERY day. When its bad; 5:30 AM there is a near stationary line that averages 3-4 miles long on I-5 waiting to get into the base.

My old neighbor worked on base. for a 7 AM formation, he said he had to be in that line by 5:30 AM to insure he was not late. He said one of the main reasons he moved to Olympia is because the I-5 Northbound line into the base was usually only 30-40 minutes instead of 90 minutes.

FYI; the funnel is only 3 lanes

How many miles per kWh did you average according to your car for that trip? What about your other trips, what's your average for 'regular' trips?

I wish I could get those numbers, barely made 70 miles yesterday, averaging 60 mph on the interstate (60% of the driving) and 45 mph on the backroads. Freezing temps don't help either.

California 22400 VC is the law dealing with minimum speeds. Generally speaking, if a minimum speed limit is not posted, most officers will start looking closely at you when you are 10 MPH below lowest posted speed limit. An example of this would be a freeway where the speed limit for cars is 65 MPH and the speed limit for trucks is 55 MPH. When someone is doing 45 MPH in this situation and impeding traffic they might get stopped.... You'll also get a lot of extra attention since drunk drivers often will drive slowly...

Back