Huge Southern Calif Edison Charging location

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GPowers

11%2525202%25253A39%25253A40%252520PM.jpg

This charging station has 8 J1772 stations and 4 paddle stations. All covered by a PV solar array.

You can see more photos here:

http://www.thoughtscubed.com/2011/12/20/huge-so-cal-ev-charging-station/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GPowers said:
This charging station has 8 J1772 stations and 4 paddle stations. All covered by a PV solar array.
I charge there 3-4 times a month, when I'm at that facility for meetings. There is another Leaf that is there pretty regularly as well - I think it's an SCE employee based in that facility. The charging stations are open for public use, as are the stations at SCE's Rosemead headquarters.
There are, alas, no plans I know of to add L3, as you speculated on your blog.

very nice nevertheless. i wonder what the percentage of power used to charge the vehicles is from solar? guessing by pix, probably most of it, at least until the charging station becomes more well known

Heck - you want a charge where they have tons of PV solar AND multiple chargers ... check out the Air Quality Management District (AQMD) at the junction of the (57) Orange Freeway / (60) Pomona Freeway ... next to the Diamond Bar Golf Course. Literally HUNDREDS of panels ... so many you can't count 'em all. The've got the old legacy/Padel chargers, 3 1772's ... and a few 14-30's to boot:

21j6dtz.jpg

One would think that the AQMD would have tons and tons of surplus kWh's going on. However, knowing how hard the AQMD is still trying to push the hydrogen hoax (I hear hydrogen cars are nearly down to 1/2 million !! :lol: ) onto the public - they're probably still in need of more electricity for those projects.

hill said:
One would think that the AQMD would have tons and tons of surplus kWh's going on.
Not nearly as much as you might think. Despite the the solar PV panels you see on the roof, they still
have a sizable monthly SCE bill. And, they still get assessed a not-so-little demand charge as part of
their TOU rate schedule. ;)

hill said:
Heck - you want a charge where they have tons of PV solar AND multiple cargers ... check out the Air Quality Management District (AQMD) at the junction of the (57) Orange Freeway / (60) Pomona Freeway ... next to the Diamond Bar Golf Course. Literally HUNDREDS of panels ... so many you can't count 'em all. The've got the old legacy/Padel chargers, 3 1772's ... and a few 14-30's to boot:

21j6dtz.jpg

One would think that the AQMD would have tons and tons of surplus kWh's going on. However, knowing how hard the AQMD is still trying to push the hydrogen hoax (I hear hydrogen cars are nearly down to 1/2 million !! :lol: ) onto the public - they're probably still in need of more electricity for those projects.

what is all the green things on the roof on the building on right side?

If you zoom in Google Earth to the West side of the Caltech campus, you will see some pretty impressive solar on the roofs of two parking structures. They have laid the panels flat with no intervening spaces to maximize the output per unit area rather than the output per panel. The lower parking structure has two recently activated Chargepoint L2 stations.

Caltech-Solar-L.jpg

Most of the Kohls department stores in my area also have impressive solar arrays on their roofs as I have verified from Google Earth. Unfortunately only a few of these Kohls have charging stations.

GPowers said:
The Kohls at the Ontario Mills mall (Across the street) has a new L2 station.
This is a nice location, and we appreciate that it remains free. The site has been reported in earlier threads and it is now on the Chargepoint map. Charging has been discovered at a few other Kohls as well, but signage is poor/non-existent and the parking is sometimes ICEd.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=6048&p=137768#p137768

Back