How Much Would You Be Willing To Pay For An L3 Charge?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Moderators: can we please combine this in the massive thread with the same question?

vrwl said:
This was posted in the Dallas/Ft Worth area of the forum and once I read it, I just had to ask.... how much do the rest of you pay for a quick charge? I feel like evGo is grossly overvaluing their quick chargers, but I may be totally off base. So thus, my question: Are quick charges worth $30 bucks a pop PLUS $60.00 a year to you (anyone outside of the DFW metro area)? Or does this seem like an unreasonable price to get a quick charge (they are the ONLY QC game in town around here).

adric22 said:
I have some good news for anyone in DF/W who has considered using EVGo but didn't like any of their monthly plans. They told me today there is a new plan that is less than $5 per month. But here's how it works.
  • You have to pay up-front for the year $59.99 or for two years at $99.99
  • You are limited to 3 hours consecutive charging on L2 stations
  • You can use the L3 stations if you want, but you'll be charged $30 per use.

TonyWilliams said:
Moderators: can we please combine this in the massive thread with the same question?

I did a search for "pay quick charge" and didn't find the thread to which you referred after going through the first 30 pages of the search, so that's why I thought it was safe to post, but thanks for the links. :)

This was posted in the Dallas/Ft Worth area of the forum and once I read it, I just had to ask.... how much do the rest of you pay for a quick charge? I feel like evGo is grossly overvaluing their quick chargers, but I may be totally off base. So thus, my question: Are quick charges worth $30 bucks a pop PLUS $60.00 a year to you (anyone outside of the DFW metro area)? Or does this seem like an unreasonable price to get a quick charge (they are the ONLY QC game in town around here).

That gives you less than 10 MPGe. I wouldn't plan trips around these chargers, it would be much cheaper to just drive a Hummer. Maybe some people will get stuck needing some juice to get home, but I am pretty sure that that would only happen to me once.

Way, way out of line. I'm all for paying a reasonable amount for charging, but it seems to me that pricing it @ $30 a pop is intended, pure and simple, to keep people from using it at all and forcing them into one of the regular membership plans. It's 3 times what I consider a reasonable charge.

Hello,
Back in March I used the AV DCQC's on the way to the coast. My account on their website says $2.50 per charge but nothing ever showed up on the card I used when I set up the account.

if you QC to 80% that would be 60 miles. If gas cost 4.00 / gal and the IC gets 40 mpg that would be 1.5 gal at 4.00 / gal which is 6.00 for gas. It would not be cost effective if you paid more than 4.00 for a QC. If I had to pay 10.00 for a QC that would be madness and EV's would never be cost effective.

U Forgot To Say "If All My Charging Was Done Publicly, It Would Not Be Cost Effective" Iow,Kinda Like Eating Out All thetime
Bluebull said:
if you QC to 80% that would be 60 miles. If gas cost 4.00 / gal and the IC gets 40 mpg that would be 1.5 gal at 4.00 / gal which is 6.00 for gas. It would not be cost effective if you paid more than 4.00 for a QC. If I had to pay 10.00 for a QC that would be madness and EV's would never be cost effective.

Back