How much is the chevy Volt & Nissan LEAF after incentives?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

groveera

How much is the chevy Volt & Nissan LEAF after government incentives? I live in Indiana and i don't usually travel more then 20 miles a day so i think a Nissan Leaf or a Volt would be perfect for me. Also, i was thinking about taking a roadtrip (stopping every 30 or 40 miles to plug in)from Indianapolis to Portland, Oregon to prove that electric cars are viable when supplied with quick charge stations

groveera said:
How much is the chevy Volt & Nissan LEAF after government incentives? I live in Indiana and i don't usually travel more then 20 miles a day so i think a Nissan Leaf or a Volt would be perfect for me. Also, i was thinking about taking a roadtrip (stopping every 30 or 40 miles to plug in)from Indianapolis to Portland, Oregon to prove that electric cars are viable when supplied with quick charge stations
Option out your cars and take $7500 off, but only if you make enough money to have a tax burden of $7500 or more. I would recommend leasing in your case. The tech is changing quickly, the prices on the leases are extremely cheap, and you won't run into any mileage caps driving 20 miles a day. For your Indianapolis to Portland trip, I would rent a car. It might sound fun to drive cross country charging, but stopping every 30-40 miles means stopping every half hour to charge for 15-20 minutes will get old quickly.

groveera said:

You won't find enough regular charging stations along that route, let alone quick charge stations to get very far in a LEAF. You can go all the way in a Volt, but it'll be mostly on gas and the Volt doesn't have a quick charge port, just a slow 240 Volt or 110 Volt port.

But I admire your enthusiasm. Get a LEAF, lease it and you'll get the benefit of the full $7,500 credit regardless of your tax status, and keep it close to home. You'll be able to drive it for years within a 50 mile radius and put thousands of miles on it. I've put 22,000 miles on mine over a 2 year period and loving it.

Maxvla said:
Option out your cars and take $7500 off, but only if you make enough money to have a tax burden of $7500 or more. I would recommend leasing in your case. The tech is changing quickly, the prices on the leases are extremely cheap, and you won't run into any mileage caps driving 20 miles a day.
I haven't checked recently, but GM used to have a very low lease price, but with a zinger. If I remember correctly, they gave you credit for the $7500 up front, but yanked it back when you turned in the car! Again, this may no longer be true, but it is something to watch out for.

Ray

Boomer23 said:
groveera said:

You won't find enough regular charging stations along that route, let alone quick charge stations to get very far in a LEAF. You can go all the way in a Volt, but it'll be mostly on gas and the Volt doesn't have a quick charge port, just a slow 240 Volt or 110 Volt port.

But I admire your enthusiasm. Get a LEAF, lease it and you'll get the benefit of the full $7,500 credit regardless of your tax status, and keep it close to home. You'll be able to drive it for years within a 50 mile radius and put thousands of miles on it. I've put 22,000 miles on mine over a 2 year period and loving it.
Keep in mind that most leases involve a mileage limit. I lease and must stay 1000 miles per month over that I pay a penalty. However ,I have had no problem staying within that limit. I agree that leasing is your best option.

Back