How many miles do you drive your Leaf/yr?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many miles do you drive your Leaf/yr (or intend to)

• < 6000 miles

Votes: 9 8.2%
  • 6000-7999

Votes: 16 14.5%
  • 8000-9999

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • 10000-11999

Votes: 17 15.5%
  • 12000-13999

Votes: 23 20.9%
  • 14000-15999

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • >16000

Votes: 25 22.7%

• Total voters
Voted 10000-11999 because of my 12K mile/year lease. Unfortunately, I'm putting on miles more rapidly than I expected. Have to drive the Prius a bit more instead of letting it sit for so long.

cwerdna said:
Voted 10000-11999 because of my 12K mile/year lease. Unfortunately, I'm putting on miles more rapidly than I expected. Have to drive the Prius a bit more instead of letting it sit for so long.
I'm in the same boat. 12k lease but were quickly heading toward closer to 15k. I figured the over mileage charge would still come out cheaper than driving our 18mpg minivan.

dm33 said:
cwerdna said:
I'm in the same boat. 12k lease but were quickly heading toward closer to 15k. I figured the over mileage charge would still come out cheaper than driving our 18mpg minivan.
I see. Considering I'm the only driver of my 2 cars (06 Prius w/~74K miles and the Leaf) and my commute is only ~24-25 miles roundtrip, I figured 12K miles/year would be enough...

I'm at 4.5 months into my ownership and I've been averaging 1100 miles a month. So that's 13,200 miles per year.

My ICE car I had for 10 years before I bought the LEAF and it had 155K miles, So 15,500 per year.

Got mine January 11, only have 6800 miles on it so far. Lacking a QC port and having the slower 3.3 kW on board charger helps keep the miles down.

At 28.6 miles/day avg I'll come in under 12k/yr. I got 15k on the lease because I thought QC wold roll out faster than it is, which is not at all so far. When it gets here, my avg should go up.

I've had my LEAF for one month, and it currently has 980 miles on it. Two reasons it's not driven more. First, we've had several picture perfect 75-85 degree sunny days. Sorry, I love my LEAF, but in weather like that it feels like a crime to leave my Miata in the garage. Second, I only had the EVSE that came with the car, so after coming home from work, I had to leave it plugged in all night so I could get enough charge for my commute the next day. EVSEupgrade has my EVSE as I write this, so as soon as I get it back, I'll be able to come home from work, take my kids to football/soccer/gymnastics practice, then charge at night.

My lease is 2yrs and 15k/year and I intend to turn my car in with exactly 30,000 miles on it.

I put 3500 miles on my car in the first 2 months I've owned it! I have no idea how as I only have a 9 mile round trip commute. I think I drive it more than I would have had it been an ice powered vehicle because it's so cheap to operate and so fun to drive!

I have a leased and just went past my first full year with my Leaf. I have just over 15,000 miles on her and no issues or worries. Next go around I think I'll add the higher milage option though. As it stands now I am going to have to hand the Leaf over to my wife for the last 6 months to a year at the rate I am adding miles. :shock:

I put down 14-16,000 because that's what I did last year on my Leaf but it will be less this next year as I'm not taking kids to school and it will be even less next year when the office moves to 1 mile from the house. Talk about unused benefit, free L2 charging at office but only a 2 mile round trip commute.

TaylorSFGuy said:
Your survey ranges are too tight and low. There are lots of us driving more than 16000 miles a year. Why not ask about 30k and higher?
The primary reason is that some people have been needling that Volt owners drive more electric miles than Leaf owners and point to a DOE funded Ecotality (Blink) study that states as much but also ends up showing Leaf owners drive an average of 7550 miles per year. That mileage per year seems unrealistically low, so this survey was meant to give an indication if Leaf owners drive significantly less than typical vehicles. So far, the answer is no.

I'm going to probably hit 25,000 miles when my LEAF turns one in mid November.

Single parent, 2 schools every morning & afternoon, plus work. I drive 70 miles if I don't take any extra trips.
Building owner is fine with me plugging into a 110 plug as needed, which is about twice a week. Now when it gets cold, I might start cutting it close.

Philip

Sorry, I had to lower the average. Only 7000/yr and that includes some "extra" driving just to check the range and adding several new evening events. EDIT: I also drop the miles per trip average significantly. I can easily do 10-20 "trips" in any one day, some as short as 1/2 mi, most less than 5 mi. Sorry guys, I really needed a little NEV truck, but couldn't get anyone to sell me one.

I'm one of the low mileage drivers, with about 7200 miles a year. But that's because I am retired and don't have a daily commute. However, my grocery shopping trips run 55-70 miles, depending on route and other errands, so just because I don't drive the LEAF a lot of miles every day doesn't mean that I don't use the whole range of the car regularly. And that seems to be the subtext of the "how many miles" question.

The Volt wouldn't work as my ICE car because it isn't 4WD and high ground clearance. Neither would a Prius.

Back