Has anyone added a 2nd USB port?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goodtohave

I just picked up my Leaf and I was surprised there was no USB in the console.

I was hoping to just leave an old Ipod in there for my music, without it being visible.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

2012 Leaf SL

I used to use Bluetooth and just loaded everything on my phone. Then I moved to another ROM and AVRCP stopped working. Tried a few others, tried various apps, even got a new phone and tried another ROM- still nothing.

Some have disconnected it at the forward connector and then rerouted it under the console with a short USB extension cable.

Goodtohave said:
I just picked up my Leaf and I was surprised there was no USB in the console.

Here's a very small 32GB USB stick that is very inconspicuous in the LEAF...Not very expensive either...Works great...

Randy said:
Here's a very small 32GB USB stick that is very inconspicuous in the LEAF...Not very expensive either...Works great...
Apparently it is so small that I can't see it on the screen... very impressive! ;)

Stoaty said:
Randy said:
Apparently it is so small that I can't see it on the screen... very impressive! ;)
I bet something that small is really expensive though.

I just run the cable to my iPod in the glovebox. I also have a dual outlet usb adapter plugged into the 12 volt plug for my daughter & my phone, so there's always a mess of empty cables laying in the floorboard, so I like to think the one running to the glovebox isn't too obvious

Philip

Yeah, I've never even thought about usb draw having an effect on anything. Probably less than rolling your window down and run back up once per trip.

Philip

Back