Had to share a laugh with my fellow Leafers.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mpm3710

I just had to share this with my fellow Leafers. I just received a letter from my Nissan dealer in Renton, WA. that their records indicated that my 2011 Nissan Leaf is due for a oil & filter service. I am going to return the letter and ask them if they were serious. My husband said to make the appointment stating that they suggested this service and bring down the car with the letter and watch them try and change the oil. :D

mpm3710 said:
I just had to share this with my fellow Leafers. I just received a letter from my Nissan dealer in Renton, WA. that their records indicated that my 2011 Nissan Leaf is due for a oil & filter service. I am going to return the letter and ask them if they were serious. My husband said to make the appointment stating that they suggested this service and bring down the car with the letter and watch them try and change the oil. :D

I posted the exact same thing on here a few months ago and was tempted to do the exact same thing you mentioned. What's worse, after ignoring their letters they eventually called me on the phone asking me to bring it in for an oil change. I asked the lady on the phone if she knew what a Leaf was. After a few moments she realized the mistake and apologized.

...Or, you can send the letter back by mail with a sticky note on it saying that on mm/dd/yy (your delivery date), you completely lost any previous knowledge of what an oil filter or an oil change is... tell them too that you are not required to be reminded of what those dirty things are, as you now drive electric. :mrgreen:

I brought the notice into my dealer and got them to do the first tire rotation for free. So it might be worth somethign to hang onto it.

A local dealer here had one sitting on the lot. They had the traditional window sticker, but stuck next to it the sticker for their extras (paint protection etc). It mentioned that they would also include a full tank of gas with purchase.

Maybe some day all the new cars will be electric, and there will be used ICE car on the lot with a stock window sticker that says it includes "Free lifetime L3 charging at all Nissan dealerships".

:lol: :lol:

umsneeze said:
A local dealer here had one sitting on the lot. They had the traditional window sticker, but stuck next to it the sticker for their extras (paint protection etc). It mentioned that they would also include a full tank of gas with purchase.

mpm3710 said:

Was that Younker?

FairwoodRed said:
mpm3710 said:

Was that Younker?

Yep!

Actually there is oil in the transmission / gear reduction, that I assume will need changing at some point ... like maybe 200,000 miles, but I doubt any of us are near that yet.

brent said:
Actually there is oil in the transmission / gear reduction, that I assume will need changing at some point ... like maybe 200,000 miles, but I doubt any of us are near that yet.

Yeah I am aware of the transmission fluid but like you say it will be awhile when I will be needing that done.

umsneeze said:
I know that back in March when we took delivery, OUR tank was filled. Only it wasn't filled with explosive toxic fluid.
;)

I'd be inclined to write to the Manager or General Manager (or whatever title the top dog goes by) of the dealership and question the competancy of his service department. And if I was in a really ornary mood at the time, I might also ask for a recommendation for a different dealership that might know what they're doing.

mpm3710 said:

Speaking of laughs, I had one on my way in this morning. Quick stop at the grocery to pick up a couple items, as I was walking in, another guy was coming out, followed by a bag boy pushing a cart containing his purchases. The guy says rather loudly to bag boy while pointing, "IT'S THE BLACK HUMMER OVER THERE... OVER THERE... THE BLACK HUMMER!!!"

I continued about my business but couldn't help think of the contrast. If I had thought to say something witty what would it have been? Maybe "YEAH, THAT BOX OVER THERE WITH THE CONESTOGA TOP!!!"

LTLFTcomposite said:
Speaking of laughs, I had one on my way in this morning. Quick stop at the grocery to pick up a couple items, as I was walking in, another guy was coming out, followed by a bag boy pushing a cart containing his purchases. The guy says rather loudly to bag boy while pointing, "IT'S THE BLACK HUMMER OVER THERE... OVER THERE... THE BLACK HUMMER!!!"

I continued about my business but couldn't help think of the contrast. If I had thought to say something witty what would it have been? Maybe "YEAH, THAT BOX OVER THERE WITH THE CONESTOGA TOP!!!"

Good one! :lol:

Oil_change.JPG

Here is another promo for an Oil change on a Leaf. Look at the bottom of the card "Doing it Right". Ha ha...

GPowers said:
Here is another promo for an Oil change on a Leaf. Look at the bottom of the card "Doing it Right". Ha ha...

Also note the recommendation to come in every 3750 miles, or three months, which about 2-3 times more often than the mfr specifies, totally unnecessary and wasteful.

Back