Had to buy gas for the first time in 10 months.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adric22

I had to drive my parent's vehicle last night. It was low on gas and needed to be refueled. I had to stand outside at a gas station while it was nearly freezing outside while the wind was blowing about 35 mph. I've had to do this before, most of my life. But after going 10 months without doing that, I forgot exactly how irritating it is.

I'm quite convinced, that if EV's have been the standard vehicle all of this time and suddenly somebody tried to bring ICE vehicles onto the market, with this concept that you would have to buy your fuel from a 3rd party and drive somewhere and stand outside to fill it up, the same skeptics that are constantly bashing EV's about various nonsense would be saying "nobody would buy a vehicle where they had to put up with that and couldn't refuel it at home!"

adric22 said:
I had to drive my parent's vehicle last night. It was low on gas and needed to be refueled. I had to stand outside at a gas station while it was nearly freezing outside while the wind was blowing about 35 mph. I've had to do this before, most of my life. But after going 10 months without doing that, I forgot exactly how irritating it is.

I'm quite convinced, that if EV's have been the standard vehicle all of this time and suddenly somebody tried to bring ICE vehicles onto the market, with this concept that you would have to buy your fuel from a 3rd party and drive somewhere and stand outside to fill it up, the same skeptics that are constantly bashing EV's about various nonsense would be saying "nobody would buy a vehicle where they had to put up with that and couldn't refuel it at home!"

+1. This gasoline stuff is never going to catch on: you could spill this expensive stuff all over yourself and/or your car and/or ground, and I've heard it's flammable and that the vapors aren't healthy! Not to mention the fact that with merely a section of rubber hose and a pair of lips, any rogue could easily steal that hard earned liquid fuel from your car!

adric22 said:

Also, if cars only had a 70 mile range to begin with, we'd probably already have a high speed rail system that would make medium distance travel a lot faster than driving. Instead we are left with naysayers complaining they can't make long road trips in an electric car (who apparently attach no value to their time) and Amtrak as the developed world's most pathetic excuse for a national rail system.

LTLFTcomposite said:
adric22 said:

Also, if cars only had a 70 mile range to begin with, we'd probably already have a high speed rail system that would make medium distance travel a lot faster than driving. Instead we are left with naysayers complaining they can't make long road trips in an electric car (who apparently attach no value to their time) and Amtrak as the developed world's most pathetic excuse for a national rail system.

+1

adric22 said:
Plus, the static, from getting out of your car, can cause a gasoline fire! There are a variety of these video on YouTube. More than the the static causing fires, I wonder about all the gasoline vapors. That can't be good to breath.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnSWW7c24fA[/youtube]

LTLFTcomposite said:
Well, they sort of have reasonable rail service out here where I live, which is why having a LEAF as my only car won't be too bad. For example, I never normally drive to Manhattan; I drive to the train station and take the train. The only times I driven in Manhattan are to pick up and return the Hertz NYC rental LEAF! Even though the LEAF was a great car to drive in Manhattan, I'll likely never drive mne there.

I can hardly wait for my Week of Feb 6 delivery! Looking forward to kicking my 40 year gasoline habit for good. Probably only 2 trips to the gas station left before I trade in the Malibu and go cold turkey...

geez, i never thought of this until now, this could be dangerous esp i always carry my family when im refueling.. thanks for this info!

Back