Green Drive Expo - A Green Car Show & More. SF Bay. Sept 17

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EVPowers

I invite MyNissanLeaf members to get together and show off their Leafs September 17 at Green Drive Expo - A Green Car Show and More!
10am-5pm. Craneway Pavilion. Richmond, CA
This is the second year of this event and it is the premier consumer expo dedicated to hybrid, plug-in, ev and other high-tech, ecofriendly vehicles.

As a MyNissanLeaf member, if you choose to show off your car in the Owners Showcase, you’ll be upgraded to VIP status for only $15. (Normally $20)
Enter "mynissanleaf" in the discount code area on the registration form.

VIP perks:
  • Reserved space to display your ride in the Green Drive Expo Owners Showcase on the show floor!
  • Admission to Green Drive Expo for you and your passengers (must arrive in car with you)
  • Eligibility to win awards
  • Green Drive Expo T-Shirt
  • Green Drive Expo Travel mug
  • Eligibility for special VIP-only door prizes
  • Optional pre-show VIP ice-cream social Friday night at the official hotel (Free)
  • Optional post show cash bar and VIP dinner at the Boilerhouse Restaurant. Costs associated with these two activities are not included in the VIP fee and the payment for food and drinks is responsibility of each participant. Dinner options will be from a select number of items from the usual restaurant menu.
  • Discounted hotel room rate at the official hotel

Cars must arrive at 9am and will be on display from 10am - 5pm

See the website for more details about the event! http://greendriveexpo.com/become-a-vip-bay-area" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Charging
NOTE: Charging will only be accessible by VIPs who display their vehicles in the Owners Showcase. You must mention your charging needs when signing up so we can make plans accordingly.
There will be a lot of charging available (right now we estimate 30-40 level 2 spots plus additional level 1). But even will all these spots, due to the high level of interest we may not be able to accommodate everyone. We will do our best.
THERE WILL NOT BE CHARGING AVAILABLE FOR THE GENERAL PUBLIC.

EVSE upgrade is a sponsor and will be providing use of L2 EVSE units for charging. This is a good event for LEAF owners.

I'll be there. Anyone else going? Perhaps those who are attending should reply to this thread.

The upper left of http://greendriveexpo.com/bay-area-expo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; has a link to get FREE admission.

For anyone who might care, http://priuschat.com/forums/toyota-prius-phv-plug-in/97302-toyota-prius-plug-in-hybrid-ride-drive-tour-2.html#post1381564" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; says there will be PHV Prius test drives.

cwerdna
Yes that link you mention allows free admission, but note: it will not gain you access to any charging. That general admission allows you to view the exhibits, do test drive and listen to speakers.

Only people who show off their cars in the showcase register ahead of time as VIPs ($15, see my first post in this thread) will have access to charging.

You see, the only outlets available are on the exhibit hall floor, so we are moving all the VIP cars in at 9am, setting them in place, and then they be on display all day for people to look and and talk about. All the while, we will be charging the cars. At the end of the show at 5pm (and the public is out of the hall) VIPs will then drive their cars back out of the hall.

Yes, we will be going, but planning to bicycle over there since it is a gorgeous bike ride along the Bay Trail. My unused Leaf would be available for a Leaf-share exchange. I am interested in Leaf-sharing with someone in Portland, Oregon area or places north of Santa Rosa or south of San Jose. PM to discuss if we can be a match.

Phoenix said:
Yes, we will be going, but planning to bicycle over there since it is a gorgeous bike ride along the Bay Trail.
Richmond Spokes will be there doing valet bike parking, so be sure to take advantage of it. I haven't ridden that trail yet, but it's on my list of things to do!

I would love to come, but I don't think I can make that trip in my LEAF - even one way would be *really* pushing it unless I drive like a granny the whole way or stop and charge up for a few hours. If the Vacaville QC worked, I'd totally be there... I could take the prius, but where's the fun in that?

GeekEV said:
I would love to come, but I don't think I can make that trip in my LEAF - even one way would be *really* pushing it unless I drive like a granny the whole way or stop and charge up for a few hours. If the Vacaville QC worked, I'd totally be there... I could take the prius, but where's the fun in that?
I wish we could offer charging to everyone (not just VIPs). There aren't any public chargers at the venue and I couldn't get anyone interested in putting up something temporary this year. Dang!

Hopefully next year some company will step up and help make public charging available. If anyone has any leads I'd be happy to chase them down.

I'd have no problem paying the $15, but it's still about 95 miles from here - all freeway. There's no way I could make it without dragging the trip out way longer than it already is, either stopping to charge for a couple hours or driving really slow. Maybe NEXT year the Vacaville QC will be working, or we'll have others along the route. Of course, NEXT year EVs will be so common we won't need to have an event like this, right? And pigs will fly... Hey, a guy can dream, can't he? :lol:

GeekEV said:
Of course, NEXT year EVs will be so common we won't need to have an event like this, right? And pigs will fly... Hey, a guy can dream, can't he? :lol:
And maybe Nissan will offer free 150 mile battery upgrades to all owners and it won't be an issue!

GeekEV said:
If you want to attend, just take the Prius. IMHO, it seems silly to let the range of your Leaf stop you. I have no Leaf yet and I'm attending...

Allow me to revise my statement. I would love to come WITH MY LEAF. I've done a number of smart shows locally and it's a lot of in showing off the car and answering people's questions. Without it it would just be another opportunity to see the cars - and I've seen plenty of them. ;)

GeekEV: Maybe you can find someone in the Vacaville area (or wherever your range ends) to Leaf-pool into Richmond. I agree--it is more fun to do it in a Leaf!

This is a nice facility so I encourage people to attend or carpool if they are able. Easy to Bart to close pick up points.

Back