Ginger #225 is turning 5!!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TLeaf

OK, so the title is actually a little dated.. Ginger officially turned 5 last month (November), but she didn't come home with us until a couple of months later (January) so I figured we'd split the difference. Like any 5 year old girl, Ginger got herself a new pair of shoes as well as a bit of a health check-up to celebrate. We did offer her a slice of cake to complete the celebration, but she mumbled something about "the cake is a lie". ;)

Notables in Ginger's life:
- Her first set of shoes lasted her over 41,000 miles until some well-worn edges finally warranted them being replaced.
- Her new shoes, a set of Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus, only seem to be affecting mileage by 5% or less (it's still early).
- She's never seen this "turtle" thing that so many people talk about (she wonders if it's a lie too).
- Ginger lost her first "tooth" nearly 9 months ago at 35K miles.
- Besides from a few "firmware" recalls and annual check-ups at the adoption agency, Ginger hasn't had any health issues.
- At the present rate of aging (1 year per year, you know), Ginger should be able to keep going to work with me for another 10 years.

All kidding aside, the only annoying thing is how low Ginger's Hx number has become. Though I'm not certain, I think this has quite a bit to do with the fact that she hardly has any more regen capabilities. The only time I ever see full regen as being possible is when I get down to the final 2 bars and the temp is around 50ºF; most of the time I'm lucky to see two bubbles..

Screenshot_2015_11_25_09_33_25.png

Yep, HX is directly related to Regen...

TLeaf said:
All kidding aside, the only annoying thing is how low Ginger's Hx number has become. Though I'm not certain, I think this has quite a bit to do with the fact that she hardly has any more regen capabilities. The only time I ever see full regen as being possible is when I get down to the final 2 bars and the temp is around 50ºF; most of the time I'm lucky to see two bubbles.

Back