Fresno to Fish Camp (thanks to Yosemite South KOA RV Park)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy3

After running a few errands yesterday, I wanted to take a drive. So, I charged up to 100% at Nissan of Clovis and headed up towards Oakhurst. I had previously gone to Coarsegold and back on a full battery, so I thought I try Oakhurst (it's just another 10 miles or so and up then down a hill).

Well, I got to Oakhurst and my battery situation wasn't looking so good. The guess-o-meter was saying 31 miles remaining (it was about 50 to get back home). I had 3 bars left. But I know there is an Elks Lodge in Oakhurst that has an RV park. I kept going north on 41 looking for the Elks Lodge. I never found it and I wound up just a few miles from Fish Camp. I turned around and started back south on CA 41.

Just south of Coarsegold is a KOA Kamground. I stopped there and met a nice couple who have recently purchased the facility. I asked for a few hours of charge time and suggested that I pay a dump fee as compensation. Well, the husband was interested in the LEAF and simply asked that I purchase a bottle of water at his store and he'd set me up at a spot to charge. Very nice of him.

There's not a lot to do at this KOA, but they are nice folks and really helped me out. I stayed for two hours and made it home with a few miles to spare on the battery.

Back