Extra delivery charge- what???

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, I have one of the two markup sheets from the dealer- i left the other one on his desk (edit: it showed the markup if i only put 1,999 down, it split 100% of all the other fees over the 36 months). Here's what I have...

First, the car on my online purchase summary came to 34,610 for the 2011 SL with QC, floor mats, and cargo net.

The lease breakdown shows a car with MSRP of 34,650 ($40 more than mine but close enough for comparison) at 395/mo + tax for 36 mos/12k mi. It excludes title, license and dest charge but explicitly INCLUDES the 595 acquisition fee in the net cap cost of 27,043.

Cerritos Nissan had me paying cash up front:

1,999 down, plus
850 destination fee
595 acquisition fee (the entire amount on all of these, not the % leased amount)
Cap reduction 863.15
Doc fee 45
Doc fee tax 3.94
CA tire tax 7
DMV fee 15
License fee 331
(And now that I look at this, it doesn't add up to the 4,107.94 that they were having me put down that is listed under "customer cash" even when you move the 850 dest fee to the MSRP line.)

The money factor is at .00339 and my credit score is WELL into the 700s. IN fact they hadn't even run my credit yet but said that would be the money factor regardless.

Which brings me to a 36 mo/12k mi lease payment of 493.91 w/ tax. And if I want to make it a 15k mi lease, it was another .36/mi or roughly 583.91.

The MSRP is being shown as 35,460 (the dest fee was included in the MSRP)

LEV% is 43%

Lease end value is 15,247.80

initial cap cost is 35,755

Adjusted cap cost is 26,485.46.

By comparison, the honest folks at Mossey are leasing the exact same car with 16k (not 15k) mi, 36 mos, for 2,700 down and 446/mo incl. tax. That is the deal I expected while I was waiting all these months.

That's a total difference of over 6,372 for the same car.

And Mossey put it all together in minutes.

kevintari said:
OK, I have one of the two markup sheets from the dealer- i left the other one on his desk. Here's what I have...

First, the car on my online purchase summary came to 34,610 for the 2011 SL with QC, floor mats, and cargo net.

The lease breakdown shows a car with MSRP of 34,650 ($40 more than mine but close enough for comparison) at 395/mo + tax for 36 mos/12k mi. It excludes title, license and dest charge but explicitly INCLUDES the 595 acquisition fee in the net cap cost of 27,043.

Cerritos Nissan had me paying cash up front:

1,999 down, plus
850 destination fee
595 acquisition fee (the entire amount on all of these, not the % leased amount)
Cap reduction 863.15
Doc fee 45
Doc fee tax 3.94
CA tire tax 7
DMV fee 15
License fee 331
(And now that I look at this, it doesn't add up to the 4,107.94 that they were having me put down that is listed under "customer cash" even when you move the 850 dest fee to the MSRP line.)

The money factor is at .00339 and my credit score is WELL into the 700s. IN fact they hadn't even run my credit yet but said that would be the money factor regardless.

Which brings me to a 36 mo/12k mi lease payment of 493.91 w/ tax. And if I want to make it a 15k mi lease, it was another .36/mi or 583.91.

The MSRP is being shown as 35,460 (the dest fee was included in the MSRP)

LEV% is 43%

Lease end value is 15,247.80

initial cap cost is 35,755

Adjusted cap cost is 26,485.46.

By comparison, the honest folks at Mossey are leasing the exact same car with 16k (not 15k) mi, 36 mos, for 2,700 down and 446/mo incl. tax. That is the deal I expected while I was waiting all these months.

Well now, Kevin; this sounds more like it. I'm glad you got in touch with Leon Kamins @ Mossy. I bought my Leaf from him---and I must say it was the most pleasant automobile purchase transaction I've ever had (in 50+ YRS/20+ cars). It is always easy to "bash" dealers; but there are a lot of honest, straight-forward dealers out there. It's the few lousy ones who perpetuate the nasty reputation in this business field. Now...If I live long enough, and decide to buy another Nissan, and Leon is still over there, I won't even bother shopping around. He's earned my business, and my recommendation. :)

Wow. And here I thought Cerritos Nissan was practically a partner of MNL. I was planning to buy some accessories at the next SoCal meet but not any longer. In the Internet age, news of raping customers spreads fast. Especially with this intelligent, tech-savvy group.

And on top of it, the slimy little sales twerp John and his manager RIchard keep shaking their heads and telling me "I don't blame you for being upset" and John says that Nissan shouldn't market the car like that, but "those are the numbers they give us to work with and they're not going to change."

Funny, they changed for the other dealer no problem.

Hey guys, if you're reading this: If you're going to bend the customer over because demand is way beyond supply, just have the cajones to say it and save me the time. Don't hide behind Nissan corporate like a couple of little weenies.

Come to think of it, I wonder what Nissan of America would think about that?

Then I got the ol' wink from Richard on the phone- "I'll talk to the owner tomorrow and see if we can do something about this or make it up to you some other way." Big surprise, the answer this morning was "Um...he said no."

And I think it bears repeating: He said it was their policy to not talk about the "real" numbers until the customer comes in and sits down at the table. I spoke to John twice on the phone. I emailed him twice. My wife and I came in and spent a half hour with him at the dealership. We reviewed my order...and nothing until it was time to pick the car up.

Congrats, Cerritos Nissan, for keeping the "scumbag car salesman" image alive and well.

The one problem with this system of buying is exactly this problem: once the leaf is at the dealer, they can do whatever they want. It's in their best interest to get you to walk away so they can sell it at a markup. Either you take the crap deal they give you or you have to walk away from a car you waited a year for.

I was in contact with Nissan during my ordeal, and they basically said they cannot interfere with dealer pricing. They DID mind the fact that the dealer wasn't honoring the RAQ price in my case and that got fixed. But they said "sorry" when it came to the jacked up MF. That's one of the ways the dealer is allowed to make money. It's just sucks for us that they have to do it in such a sleazy way.

I hope things work out for you.

kevintari said:
Yes, so as of this morning the lease deal on 12k mi is 4,107 down and 493/month incl tax (454 without).

A FAR cry from what Nissan posts on the summary page.

The quote I got for a lease for an SL with a few small options including mud flaps and mats:

With 1,999 down the monthly payment is 403.00 plus tax for a 437.22 monthly at a tax rate of 8.25%.

So your lease price does sound a bit high.

kevintari said:

:mrgreen: Glad to hear it. Even packing full rate markup I wasn't seeing how Cerritos got to those numbers. Enjoy your new LEAF.

LakeLeaf said:
The quote I got for a lease for an SL with a few small options including mud flaps and mats:

With 1,999 down the monthly payment is 403.00 plus tax for a 437.22 monthly at a tax rate of 8.25%.

So your lease price does sound a bit high.

Did you get a quote for a 2011 or 2012?

Back