EVSE 200V 15A - Nissan Leaf 2017

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This has gone on for 5 pages, you've heard from all that say it will work, you've heard from many people with JDM cars that say it will work. A label may fall off, be missing because someone had the thing apart, and cleaned the case aggressively.
I think it is time for you to either take the advice given or walk away from the car, and look for a car that does have the label so you can feel better.
Nothing else can be done for you and no amount of fretting over it is going to change anything. Either plug the damn thing into the power you have or sell the car!
The J1772 socket is not just a shape but an engineering standard. Just as power sockets around the world must be configured in a manor that matches the power provided, the J1772 standard means it must meet the standard.
Enough already!
@cornbinder89, thanks a lot for your advice...I am happy that you can express yourself in that way....
Everybody said that it could work or I think it will work and no one said that I am convinced (just go with closed eyes) because I came across something which is exactly as yours. As you are a "professional" in the field, I am sure that you will have done that damn thing. I am a novice in the field and just asking people/professional if they came across such a situation and can advise me.
I have got good advice and even some people have taken their time to send me pictures/videos. I appreciate that a lot btw (even YOU gave me some advice :))

So, as you said, enough already, just note that you are not forced to give me advices or help me in one way or the other...
I would like to inform you, that even I am tired of that situation. However, it's my car and I don't want it to be out of use (it's not a question of feeling better as you pointed out) for any such reason.

Also, I am in a small country where I haven't come across a JDM leaf. Otherwise, I would have stopped the driver on the road and ask to see if I can find that label on the OBC...and would have not started that thread at all..

Last edited:
It couldn't possibly be difficult to find examples on the world wide web of JDM Leafs that was smoked by being plugged into 240V.
They've been around forever. They are all over the world.

But maybe I'm wrong.
You might be the first one ever!

@coulomb, @Steve52, @SageBrush, @cornbinder89, @jjeff, @macgeeknz, @TobyHolland:
I would like to inform you that I received my EVSE 240V and 32A and I used it. Happy to notice that there has not been any issue. I was very anxious about the voltage especially. I have been using 230V and no issues at all. In fact, all is in the current (15-16 A max) absorbed by the OBC and the total power which is around 3.5 kW.
So thanks a lot again to you all.

Hello, I bought a Nissan Leaf 2017 in 2019 from Japan and received a 200 V AC 15A EVSE Panasonic?
Now that I have an issue with my EVSE, I need to buy one.
I am unable to find one on the Web (Especially a 200V AC 15A).
Can you please help me? I am unable to charge my car...

Thank you very much.
The one I got with my car has two plugs that fit over each other, so it does 15 & 30. I think. As the 15a fits over the top of the 30a it could be just hidden. Japan’s electrical system is different from ours though.

Is there a free version?

This forum exists in no small part because LeafSpy exists. The people that helped you and gave free advice have to a large degree learned and benefited from LeafSpy. The regulars in this forum, and all the people like you who come here for advice, owe LeafSpy a great deal, and paying for the Pro version is the least we can all do to show a small token of appreciation.

Last edited:
There used to be a free/lite version(not sure if it's still available) but it lacked many of the handy things of the paid version. Still for just getting basic battery info or testing to see if your OBDII adapter worked, it would be adequate for that.

It would be good if the forum software had a 'delete' option for posters that accidentally post in the wrong place. Instead I have to 'edit' then remove the content and put a whinge like this in it's place (or just empty I guess, but hoping maybe an admin will see this and think "well, why not eh" and turn it on).

Last edited:
You can use the 'report' button to request deletion. Or just leave a short message that says 'never mind' or something similar

Yep, I know. And tbh that's pretty sh|ty! There should be a delete option exposed to the original poster IMO. Rant ends :)

Back