Evidence of bad battery cell?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FairwoodRed said:
I think he said that when a cell gets 20mV off the pack average, that a code will be set and the amber warning light will be lit on the dash.
Are you sure he didn't say 120mV. The dealer measured 60mV difference between my max and min (so at least 30mV from average) and said that was good.

TickTock said:
FairwoodRed said:
I think he said that when a cell gets 20mV off the pack average, that a code will be set and the amber warning light will be lit on the dash.
Are you sure he didn't say 120mV. The dealer measured 60mV difference between my max and min (so at least 30mV from average) and said that was good.

Yeah, that has to be wrong. Mine showed a 30-something mV difference.

TickTock said:
FairwoodRed said:

It's what I heard, but I could be mistaken.

Today was one of those days:

Bar 12 lasted 5.4 miles
Bar 11 lasted a whopping 6.8 miles
Bar 10 only lasted 3.4 miles
Bar 9 lasted 6.1 miles

Giving me at total of 21.7 miles over the first four bars, which is a really good day...my pack must have balanced itself well last night!. Edit: Oh, and it's a warmer morning.

Back