Everyone should write a review about the Nissan Carwings app

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirtDiver

The Carwings app is pretty bad. It's incredibly annoying to use, being as slow as it is. They may not be able to drastically change that, but they can change things like push notifications. Push notifications have been around for years now, and Nissan still chooses to force us to receive either email or SMS. SMS is aggravating when you get a text from a different number each time, plus...it requires a cell connection. If you're in a flight, or in a location where you have no service, but are on WiFi, you can still receive a push notification, but not SMS.

Anyway, my point in writing all this is: Write a review. Nissan needs to know that many of us are unhappy about the state of the app. We purchased / leased a car for a lot of money, and they have a responsibility of getting this right. It's the small things, like recompiling the app to properly utilize the new iPhone 6 / 6 Plus screen resolution. I know first hand how simple it is, but they haven't done it.

Note: I'm not bashing Nissan for their efforts, just saying that they have a lot of room to improve.

I agree it's not great and seemingly hasn't improved at all (at least not since I began leasing my '13 Leaf).

I NEVER have any notifications from it come via SMS esp. since I don't even have a text message plan. No point in needlessly paying 20 cents/pop. All of mine are delivered via email.

Well my text messages are free, but it's not a good way to do notifications these days...They can leave that option there just in case someone wants it, but in addition to SMS and email, they should offer regular push notifications, which actually would be cheaper for them than SMS.

Back