Every LEAF is getting floor and cargo mats?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scharlj

So I was on my daily B**CHing chat to CS about why my car's been held at port since 4/19, and today's the first time I was given the "waiting for accessories" excuse. I was bewildered at that and kept pressing the agent about what kind of accessories I was waiting for since my car doesn't have accessories. Finally he revealed something very interesting, but God knows if it's true. He said that all LEAFs are getting floor and cargo mats now "because of the Toyota problems". Anybody else has been told that? Would that really be the reason for all the LB delays? Would it really take that long to install floor mats? Are they in very short supply? Isn't this something that could be taken care of at the PD? Am I going to get charged for this? Is this what contributed to the increase in delivery charge?

So many questions this raises....... I'll chat again in a minute to ask another CS agent about that, I wonder if I'll get the same story. If not I'll call and ask to speak to a supervisor.

scharlj said:
Finally he revealed something very interesting, but God knows if it's true. He said that all LEAFs are getting floor and cargo mats now "because of the Toyota problems".
The only Toyota problem he could be referring to would be the Prius mats supposedly interfering with the gas pedal. So, why would NOT having floor mats be a problem? The CS people should really stick to the official excuses and not try to freelance.

Well but is this something they only started doing recently? When had those LEAFs been delivered without floor mats? And have recent LEAF deliveries had floormats?

davewill said:
scharlj said:
Finally he revealed something very interesting, but God knows if it's true. He said that all LEAFs are getting floor and cargo mats now "because of the Toyota problems".
The only Toyota problem he could be referring to would be the Prius mats supposedly interfering with the gas pedal. So, why would NOT having floor mats be a problem? The CS people should really stick to the official excuses and not try to freelance.

Funny! :lol:

The floor mats were a problem and it wasn't just the Prius - wasn't that highway patrol guy in san diego driving a lexus? need to fact check that one.

I can see some lawyer looking at that and saying "if you're going to do floor mats they have to be quality controlled approved parts and installations - no more putting whatever you feel like in at the dealer".

I got mine on 4/20/2011 without any floor-mats.

I arrived at the dealer with aftermarket floor mats and seat covers and put them on the car before I drove off.
The aftermarket mats were way cheaper than the factory ones.

I had been intending not to have any floormats at all, but tales of carpet fabric wearing quickly led me to order some aftermarket ones at the last minute.

So I just got off the phone this time with CS again, asking to find the true facts. After putting me on hold for a good 10 mins, she came back and said that it does appear that my car's waiting for cargo and floor mats that I didn't order. I stated that it's weird that no one had told me this before and she did say that she spoke with her supervisor and "escalate this issue". She did offer that she'll try to "speed up delivery" of the vehicle. I didn't know they could do that!!? First such offer I got.

In any case I am not sure I trust 100% what I had been told since it's that magnitude of new information and I had been calling repeatedly for weeks. I don't mind free mats, but if that's the reason my car's been delayed 6 weeks, then I wouldn't want that trade.

I have asked for a supervisor to call me back and for the CS agent to feedback with me about how they tackled that issue. I have no hopes, but at the very least this was a very entertaining, and very different CS call, than the many I have had in the past.

scharlj said:
So I was on my daily B**CHing chat to CS about why my car's been held at port since 4/19

You realize all future Leaf owners will have to pay more for their cars because of this.. CS personnel are not cheap, and you probably shortened the girl's life, no wonder she lied to you :)

Perhaps they should make the CS line a 1-900 number...

I hope you are joking. I don't give a flying rat's ass about the cost of CS. If I am promised a car by 4/21, and then no one can tell me why my car is rusting at port for 5 weeks, I am going to call every day and let them know of my frustration. As a consumer, that's literally the only thing I can do besides being a slave and simply waiting and accepting the situation.

scharlj said:
I hope you are joking.
He's not. There's a whole freakin' thread around devoted to the notion that we shouldn't call CS or the dealer at all. While I also hope you aren't calling every day (it does seem a little excessive) I do think that Nissan and the dealers should expect some calls when the cars are so late.

On the contrary.. everyone who is "past due" on their delivery should call every hour for an update.
Drive the cost of CS through the roof. While I was on the phone with them, I'd also kick off a Live Chat to make more use of my time at the expense of theirs.

Seriously. Whoever runs the Nissan Customer Service joke should get a financial kick in the teeth. They need to see the call volume from frustrated customers with a real price tag on it.

And no, don't expect free floor mats. That's just what they say to get you off the call. Repeat after me:
Nissan Customer Service Makes It All Up.

Every single thing, without exception, that they EVER told me was a lie.

I bet I could call them right now, a week after delivery, and hear about why my car is held up in port, due to some firmware pollen tsunami.

GroundLoop said:
I bet I could call them right now, a week after delivery, and hear about why my car is held up in port, due to some firmware pollen tsunami.

That would be awesome! You should do it, but do a chat session instead so you can save your chat transcript. I'm sure the guys at Autoblog Green would love to cover that story!

Boys & girls, remember that as difficult as it may seem telling the truth is the best policy.

Nissan Customer Service have a daily competition amongst themselves!

Each working day begins with the challenge: "Let's see who can come up with the most creative excuse today for the ongoing delays!!!"

I think it's absolutely hilarious to watch....I get such a kick out of hearing what they come up with each day.

pollen, accessories, cars trapped at port, delivery scheduling conflicts, AC fixes, etc., etc., etc.

Res 4/20
Ordered Oct.
Vin 1873
Stuck on 4/22 for 4 weeks now
Car supposedly at the port since 4/4??
Dealer approx. 10 miles away from port...

scharlj said:
So I was on my daily B**CHing chat to CS about why my car's been held at port since 4/19, and today's the first time I was given the "waiting for accessories" excuse. I was bewildered at that and kept pressing the agent about what kind of accessories I was waiting for since my car doesn't have accessories. Finally he revealed something very interesting, but God knows if it's true. He said that all LEAFs are getting floor and cargo mats now "because of the Toyota problems". Anybody else has been told that? Would that really be the reason for all the LB delays? Would it really take that long to install floor mats? Are they in very short supply? Isn't this something that could be taken care of at the PD? Am I going to get charged for this? Is this what contributed to the increase in delivery charge?

So many questions this raises....... I'll chat again in a minute to ask another CS agent about that, I wonder if I'll get the same story. If not I'll call and ask to speak to a supervisor.

My order has also been delayed supposedly due to the floor and cargo mats (which I did order). CS said there was a supply issue with the mats manufacturer due to the earthquake. I asked if I could just get them without the mats and get them from the dealer (later), but they said they can't because of the floor mat problems last year on Lexus and Toyota cars. (Obviously not a reasonable excuse.) I asked if I could CANCEL the mats altogether, and CS said I could but that it probably wouldn't speed up delivery.

Oh well, the wait (granted not as long as some others) continues.

Note: Palm Springs Nissan was nice enough to give me a loaner until my car comes since when my 7-day delivery notice came (a month ago!), I sold my car. Kudos to them!

I picked up my LEAF last Saturday May 7 - It came without floor or cargo mats - I didn't order them, I did not expect them.
It sounds like an excuse to me....

lzendle said:
CS said there was a supply issue with the mats manufacturer due to the earthquake.
This may actually be true. Our car came without floor mats and we ordered them the first week in April. We are still waiting for them. They are out of stock and "backordered nationally" according to the dealer.

TT

Amped4LEAF said:
scharlj,

Whom at Nissan CS gave you that information? I want to call in and ask for that person.

Well I forget the name of the guy that I had the chat with this morning. But the lady I talked on the phone later was Kayla I am pretty sure. I should have cut/pasted my chat session here, but I wasn't thinking at the time, I was just so stunned at the news that all I wanted to do is post here and immediately call to get a confirmation. It's actually really surprising to me that I did get a confirmation. What's not surprising is that I was told that the supervisor would call me back today, and I am still waiting. Kayla told me she'd call me back on Friday, so we'll see about that.

Back