Engineering That Truly Makes Nissan LEAF Awesome

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

armmynissanleaf

What is the first thing that comes to your mind when you look at LEAF's headlights? Did you know the Nissan engineers had to redesign LEAF's headlights because of mirror noise? Here is how one guy disconnected the noise maker and reconnected again for this reason.

[REMOVED]

Yes, we've known about this for ages: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6836" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

This "awesome engineering" includes a headlight High beam that looks like it is produced by a D cell carbon-zinc flashlight from 1970. The jury is still out on the exact cause(s), but that "awesome" headlight shape is probably at least part of it.

I would rather have some wind noise than the Dr. Seuss designed frog looking headlights. I've had my Leaf for 3 years and they still have not grown on me. The Volt and Model S have just as good or better Cd while looking good and don't seem to suffer from the wind noise.

As Tesla (and many other companies like VW, GM and Ford) have wanted to use video mirrors - and this would lower the CdA and almost remove all the noise due to turbulence around them.

NeilBlanchard said:
As Tesla (and many other companies like VW, GM and Ford) have wanted to use video mirrors - and this would lower the CdA and almost remove all the noise due to turbulence around them.
Come on government.
Allow video mirrors.
Are amazing in the Volkswagen XL 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back