Do I need to unplug J1772 and replug for new timer setting?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Volusiano

I wanted the car to charge to 100% by 5am end time this Friday morning but it didn't. I'm pretty sure I reprogrammed Timer2 on the Leaf set to 100% with 5am end time and set Timer2 to Friday. I reprogrammed Timer2 after midnight on Friday morning.

Woke up at 5am on Friday to find that the car didn't charge to 100% as expected. The car completed charging the night before to 80% and stopped. The Blink charger's timer is set to be on from 9pm to 5am and 9am to 5pm every day. My Leaf timer1 is set from 12am to 12am at 80% on every day of the week except Friday. I expected it to resume charging at maybe around 3am or 4am until it gets to 100% by 5am, but it didn't happen.

The only thing I can think of why it failed to charge to 100% by 5am on Friday is maybe because I left the J1772 connected and untouched when it was done charging to 80% on Thursday night. Do you think this is the reason why? Maybe without breaking the J1772 connection, the new Timer2 setting couldn't go into effect because a new J1772 connection is required to initiate the new programming.

I had been able to get it to work before (charging to 100% by 5am in the morning), but not this time. The only thing different I can think of is maybe before I disconnected and reconnected the J1772 but this time I didn't.

Back