Discuss Tire Registration function of Battery App

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you just swap tires or swap entire wheels? New TPMS sensors probably need to be registered to the car with another tool. AFAIK, LeafSpyPro will only determine which TPMS sensors are on which wheels. It won't recognize unknown TPMS sensors that the car hasn't used before (at least on 2011-2017 Leafs, not sure about 2018+). Autel, et all make tools that can add the new TPMS sensor ID numbers to the car but I don't think LeafSpyPro won't do that.

I can't tell you exactly what the FFFFFFFF means but I had a similar problem and I think I found some information somewhere here on the forum from the developer of LeafSpy that indicated that this is just a failure indicator. Ie, the car didn't detect any TPMS sensors since the iD numbers were not registered in the car's computers.

Hi folks, need some advice please with latest upgraded LeafSpy Pro v2.0.0(10)en on iOS and redesigned TPMS functionality as I'm kinda constantly failing with sensors registration after Leaf Spy upgrade.

Need to give short story though.

Driving Leaf 2011 model from US market with original TPMS 315MHz sensors. Never used any other sensors, I was just replacing tires between winter/summer with same TPMS sensors.

Bought 4 aftermarket original Leaf 2011 wheels and ordered 4 new sensors from Aliexpress in September, 40700-1LA0E already configured for Leaf 2011 as per seller offer.

Installed new sensors in new wheels so I could only replace wheels twice a year.

After new wheels were placed on car with new sensors in early October I managed to easily register new TPMS sensors with Leaf Spy Pro (version before signifgicnt TPMS features upgrade), after few minutes drive and using Learning / Tire Registration feature (gone Blue and dash alert disappeared). all good so far.

Original wheels with original sensors went on shelf for a month.

Now I have placed original wheels with original sensors (which were with the car for years) and trying to re-register them to get rid of dash TPMS alert and and no luck. Leaf Spy Pro version now being used is latest one with enhanced TPMS features.

Concerning is that LEafSpy is showing my AliExpress TPMS IDs on the list which I have registered successfully month ago with previous version of an app. It's not finding these legacy original ones. DTCs gives no signal from TPMS sensors errors what means I still haven't gone thru proper registration process I guess.

What I did:

* tried multiple times a Learn function with tires inflated as per instructions from highest FL to lowest RL. Tried Tire Registration within Learn function and driving for 5, 10 and even 20 minutes above 25MPH. Started Learn/Registration process while driving (saw some note there was some bug when starting process w/o tpms rotating)

* no Failure message is displayed, only Waiting status while registering

* tried Rotate function while driving, no luck, dash alert is gone but re-appears after some time

* I can see all 4 sensors IDs displayed but these are IDs from other wheels (not on car now)

* no other errors are displayed in DTCs list

* I played with Save winter tires scheme, deleted it, tried re-registering, etc

Should i only use Rotate function and if yes should car be lifted in garage and wheels rotated one by one (from FL to RL) while Rotate function is activated? If yes, so before doing that should I first Save my currently listed TPMS IDs as Summer scheme and do the same for Winter ones once they finally got found and re-registered?

Any help is appreciated, I anyway will try Rotating wheels one by one on weekend if that works. Thanks

Hi, took me a while. Tried storing previous TPMS sensors with BCM by using Rotate function and starting process from FL wheel. No luck. Learning function does not work neither. Still seeing previous TPMS sensors IDs on the list on TPMS screen. Saw other posts on other forum ppl face similar issue with latest redesigned leafspy version released for iOS. If anyone had a luck with it please share. Thanks

Back