Discuss data from the LEAF Battery app, and Comparisons

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JPWhite said:
Lost my first capacity bar this morning

LEAF Battery app shows health rating of 80.94% and 55.75Ah

Hello JP,

Sorry to hear for your loss.

How many miles now?

I had 30K + on mine when I traded it in for the 2013 - and showed 83.16% using the LEAF Battery App, and the retail / trade-in value is at $14K in "clean" condition...

Looks like now the trade in is closer to 10K - ouch...

Hope you can go for a LEASE to make up the loss, it is really worth it -

Ralph

ralphmc said:
How many miles now?

Just over 29,000. So our cars have aged fairly equally then.

Not sure a lease is right for me. I'm on target for 2,000 miles this month. My needs have increased by a lot, so purchase it is; when the timing is right. If the winter means I can't make my commute that may force me to eat the loss.

I doubt loss of a bar will mean $4 reduction. I was offered $14 when I had 23,000 miles, so it may have got down closer to $10 anyway. The silver lining is that Oil/Gas is on the rise, interest by second hand car buyers may start to bubble up, which is what is wrong with the LEAF resale market, no one is interested in used LEAF's right now.

If I get stuck with it then the battery replacement program next year maybe the way to go.

Nikki comments on the battery app. Interesting to see this feedback.

batteryproblemmnl

Segment starts at 1:06:15

surfingslovak said:
Nikki comments on the battery app. Interesting to see this feedback.

Segment starts at 1:06:15

Thanks for sharing. Interesting that Nikki's follow-up story was on how well Roadster batteries are holding up. 85% or better after 100,000 miles.

TomT said:
Hey, my Leaf was 85% or better after 10,000 miles! :lol:

JPWhite said:
Thanks for sharing. Interesting that Nikki's follow-up story was on how well Roadster batteries are holding up. 85% or better after 100,000 miles.

100,000, 10,000 ?

There is just one zero difference eh? Who gets upset over a zero?

JPWhite said:

My Health is 72.67% but my capacity is 56.55 Ahr. More capacity but less healthy :?: Does this mean my battery has a beer gut?

nogajim said:
JPWhite said:

My Health is 72.67% but my capacity is 56.55 Ahr. More capacity but less healthy :?: Does this mean my battery has a beer gut?
Perhaps a module or two, which have seen better days?

nogajim said:
JPWhite said:

Yes, I've noticed the same thing on mine. My Car's "Health" is about 10% lower than the "CAP" from the readings on the Leaf Battery App, CAP = 88%, Health = 78%.

My last readings with ver. 25b (the highest I can run with my ELM327) were:
AHr = 54.24
Hlth = 78.30%

My lowest reading lately was:
AHr = 53.63
Hlth = 77.18%

I'm going to take it in for the software update soon, I think, and see what happens.

TT

hello from Poland, joining the club - weather pretty hot today (25-30 degrees C)

here my two screenshots (one from 23th July, second from today) - is capacity decreasing so quickly??

leaf20130723.jpg

leaf20130726.jpg

Leaf is from January 2012 (first registered), current odometer: 7300km (about 4600 miles)

Back