December 16th: they are starting to pop up everywhere now!!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveinOlyWA

http://www.allcarselectric.com/blog/1052256_first-2011-nissan-leaf-to-be-delivered-to-customer-on-dec-11

so we have

dec 11th, Redwood city
Dec 13th San Diego
dec 14 th Phoenix
Dec 15th NYC (Hertz so probably not one of the "50" but worth mentioning i guess)
dec 16th portland OR
Dec 17th Seattle
dec 21st Tennessee plant?

WHERE THE HELL IS WA??

**edit** will be adding dates as they become available. should i put NYC at Dec 15th?

Normally I'd want to hear about the 1st in O.C. ... or south O.C. in particular. but since we opted for the best price ... I'm wanting to hear about the county of San Berdu ... (fingers crossed)

well since Seattle and Portland are confirmed, i would have to guess the other dates have been set and no one is talking or it aint anyone here...

bummer. unfair. they should come here and post anyway... we offer "free registration" for information leading to the intro of the Leaf!!

how can they pass that up?!

Yes, Phoenix is scheduled for the 14th, according to ABC Nissan. Quite a big deal. The salesman I spoke with said they were told to dress up. Apparently the Mayor will be there.

Leaf kabob, just heard the same thing for Phoenix, Ecototality just told me the 14th as well. I did not know it was Abc Nissan though! I think whoever that lucky duck is did not sign up with Ecototality because he said I was the first installation for a charger today and sky wagon is on Thursday I believe and we both have January delivery dates.

Is there a possibility of a poll where we could track deliveries by state/regions? I am curious to see if one area is more dominate than another.

Actually, just got my invitation to the Phoenix Event (the event will be at a hotel in Scottsdale).

It is from 6 pm - 8:30 pm and is Invitation Only. Tuesday, December 14.

Cute: The invitations says 'You might even get a hug from a polar bear'.

Timaz said:
Leaf kabob, just heard the same thing for Phoenix, Ecototality just told me the 14th as well. I did not know it was Abc Nissan though! I think whoever that lucky duck is did not sign up with Ecototality because he said I was the first installation for a charger today and sky wagon is on Thursday I believe and we both have January delivery dates.

Yep! I believe the first delivery in AZ is someone not posting on this forum, but they could be a 'lurker'. :mrgreen:

DaveinOlyWA said:
well since Seattle and Portland are confirmed, i would have to guess the other dates have been set and no one is talking or it aint anyone here...

bummer. unfair. they should come here and post anyway... we offer "free registration" for information leading to the intro of the Leaf!!

how can they pass that up?!

It's my thought that the first "individual customer" is an employee of a company who bought a fleet of vehicles. I suspect the very first reservations Nissan received were from company fleet managers and placed before they were open to the public on April 20th. Fleet managers of companies included any employees wanting to buy a LEAF in their orders so they could get more volume and better deals from Nissan. So, the question I would ask is who employs this first lucky ducky and did they reserve as an individual or through their company's fleet manager?

OMG OMG!! i got a VIN!!

delivery still set for Jan... this is getting real! i am calling my insurance company today for a quote!!

OMG!!

ritikatootie said:
It's my thought that the first "individual customer" is an employee of a company who bought a fleet of vehicles. I suspect the very first reservations Nissan received were from company fleet managers and placed before they were open to the public on April 20th. Fleet managers of companies included any employees wanting to buy a LEAF in their orders so they could get more volume and better deals from Nissan. So, the question I would ask is who employs this first lucky ducky and did they reserve as an individual or through their company's fleet manager?
Any basis for your speculation ?

Well, it's not me in Portland. :)

I'm still showing the dreaded "pending" and ordered on Sep. 7. I am definitely going to the invite-only thing on the 16th, though. Should be fun.

Back