Dealers Refusing to Charge Leafs

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobertJay

Please see other active topic SANTA MONICA NISSAN

Is this an isolated problem or are there other dealers that have turned away so many Leaf owners? I have never had problem getting a quick charge anywhere else. I was caught sooooo off guard when I tried to Charge at Santa Monica Nissan . Other dealers have gone out of their way ( really..... with a smile and chatting up how I liked the car etc) to give a quick charge when I needed it

I see in the SANTA MONICA thread several Leaf Owners reporting the same problem with this Santa Monica Nissan Dealer. When I called Nissan I received a robotic answer " Sorry sir each dealer is independantly owned and operated, we cant tell them what to do"

I wasnt able to get an answer if dealers can take themselves off of Car Wings, if they dont want to support charging. Clearly from all the bad experiences other have reported from this dealer, Santa Monica Nissan doesn't want Leaf Owners charging there

Maybe there should have a system that allows customers to pay for using the chargers
I would be happy to pay to have my car charged
If I see a charging station on car wings I assume they opted in or allow customers to get a quick charge.

Call Nissan and tell them about all your good experiences and if you run across a dealer that is hurting their reputation tell them about that also

Take 5 minutes and call nissan today 1 877 664 2738

I welcome hearing what suggestions Nissans tells you. The rep I spoke to wasn't at all intersting in making suggestions, or telling me what offical Nissan policy was. More of "sorry sir, all I can do is fill out the form, I am not able to provide suggestions or policy issues".

Here's a previous list of dealers who are charge friendly and those who are not. http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3749" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back