Dealer (Purchase) Recommendation in SF Bay area?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinaCA

Who has had a great experience with an SF bay area dealer for purchase/lease? I am on the peninsula but willing to travel a bit for great price and service.

Boardwalk Nissan (Redwood City) and Nissan Sunnyvale both have reputations on this board for giving good deals. Stevens Creek Nissan (Santa Clara) not so much. Of course you don't need to take the car back to the same dealer for service. I think we may have seen mixed reports on service at Boardwalk. My favorite for that is Premier Nissan (San Jose), though that may be too far south for you.

Ray

Out of the dealers I visited or contacted over the internet 1 really stands out. Matt Saefong the internet sales manager at Nissan of Fremont was extremely candid and took his time explaining everything. Extremely low pressure and a wealth of information.

I understand everyone has different experiences but I can say my worst was at Boardwalk Nissan in RWC. It was going really well until the sales manager came over -- extremely pushy and arrogant. Made it seem like he was doing me a huge favor by selling me a car. Couldn't stand the hard selling pressure tactics so I left. I don't think I'll ever go there again.

Vallejo Nissan's Ryan Rinker did a great job for me... the finance lady tried to bump me to warranties that weren't even for my car... and kept re adding it to the contract.... until finally I caught it before she printed it... but the deal was good. On Labor day 2013, for 1500 under invoice.

Melina, gold.meli.97 at gmail.com, previously at boardwalk now at Marin Nissan, can have cars delivered.

My experience was that boardwalk will start out with the best price and others will match it, so best to start with them. In other words Nissan of Sunnyvale won't tell you a good price unless you have a quote from someone else. I suspect Melina will meet or beat other offers also.

Not sure about their sales, but I had a great service experience at Dirito Brothers in Concord. If my upcoming yearly visit turns out the same way, I intend to give them my business should I get another LEAF after this lease expires. And, they have installed a DCQC.

Besides the ones already mentioned, I'd be interested in learning about good or bad dealers or sales people in Contra Costa or adjoining counties. I will soon be helping someone purchase a LEAF in that area.

When it comes to negative reviews, I'm sometimes shy about doing it on the web. I don't want to slam a business for what may be an isolated experience or the fault of a sole employee, especially in domains where there's a lot of staff turnover. If anyone knows of a dealer or salesperson to avoid, but doesn't want to mention them publicly, please PM me. Thanks in advance.

+1 for Boardwalk Nissan in Redwood city. Their December special on LEAFs beats all others! Start with $89/mo for 24 months with $2499 down on a S base. I personally just leased a SV for $129/mo for 24 months with $2499 down. NO BS HERE! They go right to the deal. Hell of a deal. Ask for Stan!

See their page: http://www.boardwalknissan.com/specials/index.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They have the most inventory (check for yourself online at boardwalknissan.com), is the easiest to deal with and have the best lease deals on LEAF, IMHO. I have visited Sunnyvale Nissan, Stevenscreek Nissan, Hayward Nissan and Premier Nissan in Fremont. These are traditional dealers with aggressive sales tactics: start high and get as much $$$ as possible from you. They advertise a teaser deal to get you to come in and tells you that it is no longer available. They play games with lease payments, early lease returns, offer of free chargers (not available anymore) and confuse you with VPP and Loyalty programs. I have done my homework and was still confused by these sale people.

I finally lease my 2013 LEAF SV from Boardwalk per the advertised price. Boardwalk's inventory has the most colors and equipment combinations! They actually start dealing from their ad price...unheard of in my contacts with any dealerships, not just Nissan dealership.

If you are looking for a LEAF, talk to my sales guy Stan Jackson (cell# 650-430-2003). He is very informative and easy to deal with. He tells it like to is, no tricks, lies or misinformation...in another word, no BS. I was very impressed with his performance.

Back