Cycles

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
babbles said:
how many cycles is the gen 1 battery good for about?

More than the life the vehicle itself really. Unless you are doing a full charge/discharge cycle every single day, even then it would last many years. To be technical, probably somewhere between 2,000 and 3,000 cycles depending on how aggressive you are using the battery.

babbles said:
how many cycles is the gen 1 battery good for about?

Depends a lot on how you manage it. Shallower cycling should extend battery life and that is what I do BUT...I have 62 kwh so a 30% cycle is way more than I need on a daily basis so very easy to manage.

On a smaller pack, the challenge becomes tougher simply because you are cycling a 25 mile range verse my cycling an 80 mile range.

Do keep in mind; 5 20% charge sessions equal ONE cycle.

So general advice on extending battery life; Don't over charge. Don't charge with plans to have it last more than the day you are on. Charging "at home" is hardly an inconvenience so plugging in 3 times a week verses every day? There is no real difference to me.

Now, I have recently started a new job that simply doesn't require enough miles for me to charge every day unless I am in the mood for sub one hour sessions so the "charge for the day" thing is out the window for me but only illustrates that everyone has different needs so you have to evaluate your process based on that.

excellent! thanks for the replies

so with my gen 1 that I bought about 2 months ago for 2k has degraded battery which I knew,
commute is very flat 12 miles round trip

8379 L1 charges
9 QCs

SOH = 46.8% down from 47.9%
6 bars
126,900 or so

I asked about the charges because this one has quite a few

carfax reflects it's been used between Cali and Wash state where I am

max miles 37 miles on a charge

Dave your 2011 has very good SOH

I am looking around for a battery for in the future

Back