Chicagoland area

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks redleaf for passing this on!

If anyone has any questions about the project or about Blink in general, ask away! (Either on here or at on our community site, BlinkShare - (http://www.blinknetwork.com/share" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

Still have yet to see any other LEAF's in my area but interestingly enough this afternoon had to mention I definitely saw a black Ford Focus EV coming out of the Continental Auto (formerly Motorola AIEG - Automotive Group) building on Lake Cook in Deer Park. Its distinctive grill was the tell tale sign but perhaps this was a late prototype/mfg car as Continental makes auto components for the big 3 and others --- seconds later I passed a red Volt as well. The FFE had no front license plate so could have been a Ford plant car, etc. but will keep my eyes out again and keep my cell/camera up front in my car so I can snap a photo. Any other FFE sightings around Chicago?

Blink said:
Thanks redleaf for passing this on!

If anyone has any questions about the project or about Blink in general, ask away! (Either on here or at on our community site, BlinkShare - (http://www.blinknetwork.com/share" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

We are also hosting an informational forum on Monday, August 20th: http://blinkshare.blinknetwork.com/blink/topics/chicago_ev_project_meet_up?rfm=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If there are any potential Leaf buyers in the Chicago area, the time to act is NOW! At Thomas Nissan of Joliet, we are now offering pricing of $2,000 under invoice! This makes your 2012 Nissan Leaf SL w/ Floormats, price out at $34,684 before any state or federal rebates. In addition, Nissan is now offering $1,000 Home Charger Installation Credit. For anyone on the fence about an electric vehicle or possibly considering one in the future, I would definitely recommend the purchase or lease of a Leaf today.

Current Lease:
MSRP: 38,270
Sale Price: $34,684
Term: 39 months
Rate: .00071
Residual: 45% = $17,221.50
Mileage: 12,000/year

Payment (with 0 money out of pocket, Nissan will be picking up the 1st payment, taxes, registration...)
$387.40

A great deal when you consider no money down and all fees covered - with the gas savings it will be like getting a FREE CAR :)

Please feel free to contact me with any questions or availability.

Ben

Have now passed 14000 mi. Nissan dealer generates automated service advisories. Went in for free inspection. Ended up buying a brake service $60 which included rotating tires. This lubricates calipers and removes glaze from pads. Was offered cabin filter replacement @$79 pass on that. See a lot of Prius but not a Leaf in sight. Gas prices renew my joy of ownership every time we venture forth. Will try to enter Leaf (nick name BEANO) in a car show @ Nickodinos Pizza, intersection Stearns Rd. & Rt. 59 Friday 8-24 6-9pm. many 400+hp V-8's this ought to be good. ;)

lukati said:
OldQuadDog said:
Plates number 305 EL received yesterday, Thursday Jan 26!
Do we know what EL numbers are currently being issued? Saw a silver Leaf the other day on Sheridan in Evanston with yellow temp plates. Looks like another EL candidate. I then drove a few blocks and was passed by a blue Volt. Gorgeous color!

That had to have been me in the silver Leaf. I work in Skokie. My temp plates expired Friday, I have to put the EL plates on -- they are at my office. I will post the plate number after the holiday.

Latest EV related sightings; saw a pewter silver Karma on Rt. 83 last Wednesday on my way into work, there is a Fisker dealer in Schaumburg so not so surprised, this is the second Karma I've seen on the road. On the way in today, saw two Volts, first a very nice shade of blue with vanity plates 'WATSSON' and second with regular plates that was silver. Also saw another silver Volt (with the a half-door sized VOLT graphic on the side) on a long weekend trip to Asheville, NC (and no, didn't take our LEAF as the total trip miles were 1,569 miles!). Also saw a Chicago area Nissan dealer ad for a LEAF at 13,000 off MSRP !! (of course they're including both the fed tax credit as well as the IL EPA rebate but last time this dealer listed 10K off so additional 3K discount) -- was on the look out for EV chargers in town in Asheville but didn't see any that I can recall; this is a smaller college town so you would think that they may have some. Ran into someone that works at UC Davis and they have a lot of chargers on campus but of course that's CA --- no more LEAF sightings other than the few reported earlier.

Benjamin said:
lukati said:
OldQuadDog said:
Plates number 305 EL received yesterday, Thursday Jan 26!
Do we know what EL numbers are currently being issued? Saw a silver Leaf the other day on Sheridan in Evanston with yellow temp plates. Looks like another EL candidate. I then drove a few blocks and was passed by a blue Volt. Gorgeous color!

That had to have been me in the silver Leaf. I work in Skokie. My temp plates expired Friday, I have to put the EL plates on -- they are at my office. I will post the plate number after the holiday.

I got 336 EL -- issued on 6/15/12

Benjamin said:
I got 336 EL -- issued on 6/15/12
Hi Benjamin, nice seeing you on the forum. I am still working on my solar panels ....

I had a nice little EV experience on August 25 on the parking lot between Costco and Target in Niles. I parked my white LEAF next to a blue one with EL plates. That is only the second time my car has had "company".

Anyone on this forum planning to attend? Not too many specifics on this listing but may be worth checking out -- would be about a 66 mile R/T for me so it's doable but the last event I went to I literally was the only LEAF but at least a Nissan dealer was there as well for test drives, etc. Anyone closer to Naperville have some additional info?

http://events.pluginday.org/p/salsa/event/common/public/index.sjs?event_KEY=68070

I was hoping to go to that National Plug-in day as a sort of range test, but since it is scheduled for later in the afternoon on Sunday I wouldn't be able to make it back home until early Monday morning - which is not something I want to do.

As of a couple weeks ago, it didn't seem like the organizer had any information more specific than what is posted. Let me know if you would like the email I have for the organizer.

re National Plug-In

Just used the route planner from car-wings.......
with no climate control I need 7 bars each way. I would need a few hours of charging so I will be unable to attend.

I'll be there (Naperville NPD). Looking forward to meeting a bunch of fellow Leaf owners to discuss how to handle my first winter and a 55 mile daily round trip down I-88.

ibLEAF said:
90+ miles. Do we have any DC chargers nearby or on site. Would like to make the trip out from Highland Park
Are you kidding? DC chargers?

None on site, no.

Closest that I am aware of is the Oasis on I-294?

Does it work? No idea. East I-90 (OHare) didn't last time I checked. Westbound did.

And now, 350green.com web site is down. Brilliant.

Level 2 different story. Closest is about 5 miles east if public and if available. IDOT building. Anyone know?

There are several Level 1 sockets.

Back