Charging at Gwinnett Place Nissan

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bwatl

In short, if you didn't buy your car from them, they are not very keen on you charging there. I stopped in with my Volt today so I could get enough to get home on electric. Was greeted by someone giving me crap about being in a Volt. I mentioned owning a Leaf as well, to which the guy replied with "Did you buy it here?". The CHAdeMO spot was ICEd, and the other chargers were taken up by Leafs that were not charging according to the indicator lights. I asked if it was seriously a problem for me to be there and the guy said no (not sure who the guy was). I plugged up and left, but someone had unplugged it after approximately 15-20 minutes and plugged it into a Leaf that wasn't charging (according to the indicator lights). They are of course, well within their rights to restrict use of their chargers to whomever they like, but it certainly flies in the face of the overall spirit of the EV community, at least in my opinion. I've never seen Jim Ellis Chevrolet (where I leased my Volt) act that way to any other EV owners. This is the only Nissan dealership I've been to that acted that way, though there are probably others. I have my own 240v charger listed on PlugShare and offer rides to anyone who needs one for my charger or any of the others that are local. I'm glad I wasn't close to dead in the Leaf like I was one day last week. Looking at their reviews on the forum, they are not a very honest dealership anyway. If you are in the area and looking to charge there, don't be surprised if they give you grief.

bwatl said:
In short, if you didn't buy your car from them, they are not very keen on you charging there. I stopped in with my Volt today so I could get enough to get home on electric. Was greeted by someone giving me crap about being in a Volt. I mentioned owning a Leaf as well, to which the guy replied with "Did you buy it here?". The CHAdeMO spot was ICEd, and the other chargers were taken up by Leafs that were not charging according to the indicator lights. I asked if it was seriously a problem for me to be there and the guy said no (not sure who the guy was). I plugged up and left, but someone had unplugged it after approximately 15-20 minutes and plugged it into a Leaf that wasn't charging (according to the indicator lights). They are of course, well within their rights to restrict use of their chargers to whomever they like, but it certainly flies in the face of the overall spirit of the EV community, at least in my opinion. I've never seen Jim Ellis Chevrolet (where I leased my Volt) act that way to any other EV owners. This is the only Nissan dealership I've been to that acted that way, though there are probably others. I have my own 240v charger listed on PlugShare and offer rides to anyone who needs one for my charger or any of the others that are local. I'm glad I wasn't close to dead in the Leaf like I was one day last week. Looking at their reviews on the forum, they are not a very honest dealership anyway. If you are in the area and looking to charge there, don't be surprised if they give you grief.

I guess they don't know about "Small acts of loving kindness."

Bring them an apple pie as an "act of loving kindness," and maybe they will catch on as that's how it works!! :)

I still find it hard to believe that car dealers are opposed to having someone spend time on their lot who has proven to be able and willing to spend $30,000+ on a car.

Metalman said:
I still find it hard to believe that car dealers are opposed to having someone spend time on their lot who has proven to be able and willing to spend $30,000+ on a car.

They will be looking around wondering what happened when 80% of all car sales will happen over the internet.

greengate said:
Metalman said:

They will be looking around wondering what happened when 80% of all car sales will happen over the internet.
I share the dream, but it ain't gonna happen.

As long as dealers have the political and economic clout that they do, this will never happen... Look at Tesla as an example...

greengate said:

greengate said:
bwatl said:

I guess they don't know about "Small acts of loving kindness."

Bring them an apple pie as an "act of loving kindness," and maybe they will catch on as that's how it works!! :)

Great suggestion - some people just don't get it and sadly may never get it. I too have my charger on Plug Share to help anyone out that might need it regardless of car make.. Although if a Tesla charges at my house then i demand a test ride.. haha.

Back