2018 Leaf won't charge

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PadJockeys

Hi,

I have a nissan 2018 nissan leaf that had a recall done last week. I've been trying to charge my car at my workplace chargers and it doesn't seem to get more than 1KW of charge from them, I thought it was a charger fault, so I tried a few others to the same effect.

I then tried charging at home with a 3 pin charger and still did not receive any charge and the unit didn't show a fault light. Does anyone have an idea as to why this is happening? Or how best to fix it?

Not to state the obvious, but: have you gone back to wherever/whoever did the recall and ask them?
Yes, I called them and said why this was the case they couldn't help but they offered to check it, but the next available appointment is far away and my car won't take me there on the remaining charge.

Did you try both DC and L2 charging?
I guess the take away here is if you get the recall done, go to the on-site Nissan L2 charger and check that it still works before you leave!
Okay so i managed to wheel it to a fast charger and everything seems fine, so either its a faulty for the slow 7kw port, or I have been unlucky with the chargers I've been to.

I think I would disconnect the 12 volt battery and then reconnect it. It's easy to do, it can't hurt, and maybe there is a very small chance it may fix it.
There could be some truth to this, I did have a weird hiccup 1 day before my service with my 12v battery once where it didn't start for 5 minutes then worked after another try. I told it to the people at the garage and they said the battery health is okay.

There could be some truth to this, I did have a weird hiccup 1 day before my service with my 12v battery once where it didn't start for 5 minutes then worked after another try. I told it to the people at the garage and they said the battery health is okay.
never mind

Hi Guys,

The Problem is resolved.

When I took my vehicle in for servicing, they reset my system.
The Charging timer was set to 1 - 7 am everyday.
I turned it off and the problem is now resolved. I had no idea this was a feature and was pulling my hair out trying to find fault codes on the owners manual.
I came across a video about the LED's by chance and there it was the answer!

Sorry!

Hi Guys,

The Problem is resolved.

When I took my vehicle in for servicing, they reset my system.
The Charging timer was set to 1 - 7 am everyday.
I turned it off and the problem is now resolved. I had no idea this was a feature and was pulling my hair out trying to find fault codes on the owners manual.
I came across a video about the LED's by chance and there it was the answer!

Sorry!
I'm a bit surprised that the timer didn't clear if you disconnected the 12 volt battery.

Back