Charge a LEAF with another LEAF?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

voodoojc

I was reading an article on a LEAF possibly powering a house in the event of a power outage. If this is possible, why not have a cable that could connect a LEAF to another LEAF and give them enough charge to get home? I would buy it just to help a fellow EV owner in trouble, or even save myself one day and be able to find an EV in a parking lot that could help me out.

voodoojc said:
I was reading an article on a LEAF possibly powering a house in the event of a power outage. If this is possible, why not have a cable that could connect a LEAF to another LEAF and give them enough charge to get home? I would buy it just to help a fellow EV owner in trouble, or even save myself one day and be able to find an EV in a parking lot that could help me out.

Interesting option... would certainly help reduce the "EV Anxiety" about batteries. This is totally one of those things where Nissan should build a community around. MINI did a great job of this, and got almost ever MINI drive to thumbs up other drivers when they passed. I'd say 99.9% participated in it.

This, we could make a thing for Leaf drivers. Everyone gets one of these LEAF-LEAF cables for their car, as well as a little colored flag with a magnetic base to stick on the roof. If you ever pass a LEAF with a red-flag ont he roof, you stop and do a DC LEAF-LEAF donation of power to get them home.

Back