Chademo adapter performance on a Tesla model AWD with 50 KW BC Hydro Chademo station.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
arnis said:
Voltage rises and rises until it reaches 400-402V and then current
rapidly drops as maximum voltage has been reached.
I read the amperage dropping from a SoC of ~ 55%.
That is no where near 400 Volts.

Cases where the battery is heating up (and allowing more Amps along the way) gives a mixed picture

My 2019 Leaf does chademo at a good constant 38KW up to about 80% before it begins to taper off. Above 90% it is really slowed to 16KW. This has been fairly consistent over the past year.

My Tesla tapers at 40% SOC. If I condition the battery to a Supercharger, the taper falls from 150KW to 80 KW from 40% to 80% and continues to fall to 20KW as I get over 90%. It is just too inefficient above 90% so I just don't hang around ever above 90%. The new V3 Supercharger will peak out on my MS to 230KW however.

I only bought the Nissan Leaf for local driving. Tried a 300 mile road trip once and got to my first EA chademo but it failed to charge so I had to turn around and come home. Just made it to an EVGo or I would have been stuck. Sticking to local driving only for the Leaf.

Back