CC works but not ICC (ProPilot) ---MPH just flashes

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GNUD1ZERO

The conventional cruise control (CC) in my 2021 SV+ works but the intelligent control (ICC) ProPilot does not. The ---MPH flashes but the ICC does not engage. There are no DTCs but I suspect steering angle may need some attention.

Nissan LEAF techs in this group, your thoughts and ideas, please. I have the 2022 EMS but no Consult III+ to check steering angle.

Any DIYer who has worked on ADAS and ICC?

My experience is that steering angle sensor calibrates itself after disconnecting/reconnecting 12V battery if memory is lost. It requires that steering wheel be turned to full lock in both directions. I have never needed to do anything more than that. Are you sure it is steering angle issue? ICC can function when the cameras cannot determine lane position (just does not engage steering assist) so I would expect ICC to work without steering assist if there were not something else wrong. The sensors that determine following distance or obstructions in road may be failing.

"Are you sure it is steering angle issue?" The car drives and stops normally. But, the steering wheel isn't pointed straight even though the car itself is straight. This is why I suspect steering angle but I am not sure.

" It requires that steering wheel be turned to full lock in both directions." would you please post the procedure which disconnects/reconnects the 12V battery?

The work procedure I see (ADJUSTMENT OF STEERING ANGLE SENSOR NEUTRAL POSITION) requires a Consult and cautions to always use a Consult.

BRAKES - BRAKE CONTROL SYSTEM - VDC/TCS/ABS - BASIC INSPECTION - BRAKE CONTROL SYSTEM - ADJUSTMENT OF STEERING ANGLE SENSOR NEUTRAL POSITION - Work Procedure

If the steering wheel is not straight when the car is going straight down the road, then there is a mechanical alignment issue. The sensor calibration allows the computer systems to learn the steering wheel position at full lock in each direction. The computers assume straight ahead halfway between the left/right stops. At any rate, this issue should be fixed under warranty on a 2021.

I have had DTC codes related to steering wheel sensor after disconnecting/reconnecting the 12V battery and cleared them by turning the steering wheel to full lock in both directions while driving slowly. I rarely use ICC because I prefer the plain CC so I don't know what happens if attempting to engage ICC with steering sensor not calibrated.

Back