CARWINGS changing to Nissan Connect EV - ONLINE NOW

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm totally up and working on Web will check on App later today. But can you confirm.... is there no way to check your maintenance history? I can't remember when I did my yearly battery check. Seems like that should be available online....

leafedbehind said:
Here's what I had to do to get past the "call this number" error:
- look at the new pin and password via the "edit vehicle" screen
- enter that into the car
- go back and look at the edit-vehicle screen again
- the ID had now changed to my old one, and a different password!
- enter that info into the car
All of those are blank for me... because (it says) that I need to accept the terms... Which it will not allow me to!

I was actually impressed how smooth everything with CARWINGS... my first weekend with the car... then Monday happened.

Newporttom said:
I'm totally up and working on Web will check on App later today. But can you confirm.... is there no way to check your maintenance history? I can't remember when I did my yearly battery check. Seems like that should be available online....

I don't believe that was ever available online. Since you took ownership of your car in December 2011, you should have done a battery maintenance check each December thereafter (doesn't have to be exact).

Just wondering since I think it is available for my Prius. I've done 3 or 4 battery checks. Just can't remember when I did last one. Guess my dealer will know.

The NissanConnect IOS App I downloaded has an11/4/14 revision date. I could not find anything more recent except the legacy Carwings released in May. That means Nissan has not released the IOS App for the 9/29 change, explaining why the old Carwings still works and NissanConnect app does not work.

Nissan LEAF Android app would not connect to owners portal. Tried to clear data from apps settings, problem remained.
Deleted app. Reinstalled from Play Store, success!

So, I used my low bandwidth page (http://leafic.com/cwportal/) triggered by a cron job to start charging every morning from 80 to 100% (so the car doesn't sit at 100% overnight). Imagine my surprise this morning when I got into a car that was only charged to 80%. I quickly find out that the old portal doesn't work , thus breaking my page...and my charge routine.

I don't think too many others use it, but I'll hopefully have some time to fix it this weekend.

Nissan seems to be as bad at math as me.

Checked the Electric Rate simulation page at NC-EV. It said I used 96,000kWh (yes thousand), yet my cost was only $7.06. BC Hydro charges 7.95 cents per kWh. When I downloaded the numbers as a .csv file, loaded it into Excel, and summed the energy column, it was 96 kWh which would give the correct cost. I am correct aren't I, that 96,000 kWh is suspicious, that its more like 96,000 watts. Otherwise my cost to run the Leaf would be $80 month.

What a mess.

I have absolutely no remote control of my car now.

It gave me that messy random PIN (User ID) and password, which I entered into the car, and it seemed to accept it.

I log into the website and it shows a car for me, but nothing works. REFRESH gives an error. START CHARGING gives an error.

The app shows nothing. I try to add my car using the VIN number and I just get an error.

Awful.

Kennyboy, same exact scenario for me.

Called in. The tech had me reset my portal password. Still no go. Awaiting callback on Saturday.

Ok, I am EXTREMELY confused I have 3 - yes THREE pin and passwords and don't know where to put them/use them.

Here is what works so far:

Owners portal login is fine, I have a the Nissan Connect EV tab. My car is in there with the correct information.

No errors were given when I tried to login to my car - carwings was successfully logged in

Here's what doesn't work:

Updating car information on website
Logging into carwings - says carwings setup has not been completed and to log into the web portal for instructions - there are none since the site says I did it all.

SOOOOO, I am guessing it has something to do with my logins. I have 3 passwords & pins:

1) The password and pin I created and used to login to the new owner's portal on the web. This is my email + password. I didn't change my password from the old nissan leaf portal.

2) The password and pin created by the online portal to put into carwings when I did all the accepting and stuff on the web. This is the crazy pin & password (jumbles of numbers and letters)

3) Under the web portal & "managed vehicle" table - "edit vehicle" has a totally different pin (email without the @gmail.com) and a completely randomized password set as my "NissanConnect EV" pin & password.

So which login/password goes where?

Which one is supposed to be used for carwings in the car? (since the first login obviously didn't work since it did...or did it actually work??)
Which login is supposed to be used for the app? Same as the carwings setup password? The one that is under "edit vehicle" or how about the one I created to login to the new web portal?

The only password I KNOW works the way it was intended (I think) is the one to login to the web portal (the one I generated when I first set up the web portal: email+my created password.

redLEAF said:
RonDawg said:
leafedbehind said:
Looks like the original app still works, and the new EV one is still not available. I was trying to use the NissanConnect one.

As of a few minutes ago I am unable to log into either the old app, or the new one. I was able to get into the new owner portal though.

But try to get to actual the car info ... looks like they're still working on the transition because now when I click on the Nissan Connect EV tab AND recheck the 'accept' these terms, etc. it shows this:

'We were unable to complete your request

Please contact EV Customer Support at (877) NO GAS EV (or 877-664-2738)'.

Also both the smart phone and iPad app says that the setup isn't complete where all was working OK last night ...

EDIT: tried to reset on-board PIN and password before heading to work; still no luck

EDIT #2: so decided to call Nissan support; they were actually able to replicate the error on their side so now I have a case # and they'll call back when they have something else for me to try; did mention that at least initially it was working after the transition

as my last post already is a few pages back I thought I would add something; still no call back from tech support (it's been about 2 1/2 days now) but as the wife has the LEAF today not exactly anything I could try on the car and then I have a trip planned with another one of our cars so this will need to wait; perhaps everything will be resolved when I get back ... one last oddity (I think is unrelated) that has happened though is that on a night when Carwings was 'out' (at least for my car) my home charger 'filled' the car to about 90 to 95% and not 80% like on the timer? I did check that my timer settings were still the same but weird ... all I can say, it's a good thing I wasn't waiting for a tow (customer assistance option I noticed when calling Nissan) ... makes you wonder just how many updates failed to work

While trying to follow directions posted somewhere above in this thread, I cleared my CARWINGS login information in my car.

Every time I attempt to re-enter them, I get a "failure to connect" message. I've tried during several different times of day, and in various locations. Any suggestions?

I did nothing but login in to the new portal and it seems to be working fine for me. It IS incredibly slow, however! I didn't try until today as I was out of town...

That said, I really see nothing new or different... It just appears to be a rejiggering of the old information in a new display format...

TomT said:
I did nothing but login in to the new portal and it seems to be working fine for me. It IS incredibly slow, however!

Me too. I think the problems most folks had are a result of lack of patience in allowing Nissan's conversion/cut-over to take place. Even the (old) app (and things like Leaf Link) still work as before.

Has anybody been able to connect to the information center from their vehicles?
For example, attempt to update the list of stations?

Back