Carls Jr and Blink EVSE

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

occ

I searched but didn't see anything related...

I just notice last weekend that Carl's Jr in El Segundo has 3 L2 EVSE on their lot (I just noticed, don't know when they were first there). Then here in Irvine, and Orange, there's two other Carl's Jr with L2 EVSE also! It's great seeing a fast food chain restaurant doing this. I would have thought McD would jump on board first.

Looks like I'm in for their Halapenos Burger for lunch today.

occ said:

I just notice last weekend that Carl's Jr in El Segundo has 3 L2 EVSE on their lot (I just noticed, don't know when they were first there). Then here in Irvine, and Orange, there's two other Carl's Jr with L2 EVSE also! It's great seeing a fast food chain restaurant doing this. I would have thought McD would jump on board first.

Cool, which Carl's in Irvine? Michelson/Culver?

GregH said:
occ said:

Cool, which Carl's in Irvine? Michelson/Culver?

Irvine Center Drive and San Canyon, off the I5 (South West) and San Canyon Ave exit.

I really don't see the point. Most people do not spend enough time at a fast food restaurant to make L2 worthwhile. QC, yes, but not L2...

occ said:

Also at the Commerce location off the I5, walking distance from the Citadel.

TomT said:
I really don't see the point. Most people do not spend enough time at a fast food restaurant to make L2 worthwhile. QC, yes, but not L2...

occ said:

At 3.3kw I'd agree. But at 6.6kW, an hour charge adds ~30 miles. Useful. I hope this is a trend

KeiJidosha said:
Also at the Commerce location off the I5, walking distance from the Citadel.

TomT said:

At 3.3kw I'd agree. But at 6.6kW, an hour charge adds ~30 miles. Useful. I hope this is a trend

Yes, absolutely. If there are L2 chargers at more fast food, I would more likely to stretch the max extent of my vehicle range, knowing that I just need 1/2-1hr to grab some snack and make it. Of course if these fast food places are near malls, theater, beaches, venues, etc, which is likely, even better.

I was excited when I saw that there were charging stations at this Carls Jr (near where I work). Then I saw that they were Blinks. No thanks.

It looks like McDonald's in Riverside is getting in on the QC action:

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1083714_fast-food-fast-charging-for-electric-cars-the-perfect-combination-meal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The article says they have L2 & L3

When I, or most people, go to a fast food resturant, the stay rarely lasts more than 15 minutes. Since Blink rounds up to a whole hour of usage. Doesn't seem a very good value.

GreenPowerDP said:
It looks like McDonald's in Riverside is getting in on the QC action:

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1083714_fast-food-fast-charging-for-electric-cars-the-perfect-combination-meal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The article says they have L2 & L3

The QC at McDonalds in Riverside is operational.

KeiJidosha said:
TomT said:
Isn't that a bit optimistic? "3.3kW" is 3.3kW into the battery, and we usually guesstimate that at 12 or 13 miles per charging hour (depending, of course, on how and where you drive). "6.6kW" is actually 6.6kW at the wall, 6.0kW to the battery. Even with slightly lower cooling overhead I would expect 20-25 miles, not 30 miles.

Not that I would complain if I could get even 20 miles. :)

Ray

Back