Car auto switch from phone 1 or 2

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skyffej

OKay I have a 2013 SL and what I am wondering and seem to not be able to find is:
We have two I phones mine and my wife's both are paired to the car, However the car does not seem to switch between them!

Meaning if I drive it connects fine but when my wife takes the car it will not Automatically find her phone,

Any ideas ???

We have a 2012 and the same thing happens. You have to go in and force it to connect to the other phone. I won't complain too much as the cars I have that in the past do auto-connect have some other issues or short comings this car doesn't have. Not to mention the crystal clear calling and ability for my iPhone/Siri to work perfect in this car and no other car I've owned.

But yes... even in our 2012 SL... the same thing occurs and you can just go into the settings/phone and tell it to force a connection to desired phone.

Shaka said:
I won't complain too much as the cars I have that in the past do auto-connect have some other issues or short comings this car doesn't have.

Well I'm sorry, but I'll complain because the $70 cordless phone I bought 3 years ago automatically and simultaneously connects to 2 phones. When a call comes in on either connected phone, it rings. When you place an outgoing call, having 2 phones connected simply means that there is one more level of prompt for you to select which phone you want to use. It certainly seems technically possible to do this. If I'm going to give Nissan a pass, it's because I could tell based on my first view of the LEAF at a test drive event that their core competencies did not include the consumer electronics-like side of things. So at least I knew what I was getting into. But I must say I'm disappointed that with the 2013 it doesn't seem like it's improved at all.

If it is like the 2011 and 2012, it can't; you have to change it manually. Funny since our ICE can have up to 8 phones and you can set it up to find them all and then automatically use them in the order you choose...

Skyffej said:
OKay I have a 2013 SL and what I am wondering and seem to not be able to find is:
We have two I phones mine and my wife's both are paired to the car, However the car does not seem to switch between them!

Back