Cannot charge phone from USB port

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 2019 Leaf. My phone will not charge when plugged into the USB port in the dash (near the on/off button). I suspect a blown fuse. Does anybody know which one it might be? Or other possible causes?

Car has to be turned on to charge via USB..... and, the cable we have is super funky and needs to be diddled to get good contact in order to charge...... just some thoughts.

Okay, I have checked all likely fuses (most likely being the 20A "power SW" fuse), and all are good. Furthermore, I discovered that the USB power is not actually dead. I can power a small USB fan from the very same USB port! Yet my phone will not charge when plugged into this port, it will actually discharge faster than being left unplugged. There is nothing wrong with the phone, the same behavior occurs with my wife's phone.

Is there anybody who understands USB that can shed some light on this problem? For example, how much voltage and current can the USB port in the Leaf deliver? If I know that number, I can get on an Android forum and ask what is the expected charging behavior under those conditions.

I am now having the same problem, however it isn't the phone, the charger cord is new and it charges with the cigarette socket with a quick charger. I haven't checked the fuse yet, I just assume both of them are tied to the same fuse.

Back