Call for LEAF owners in Issaquah, WA

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saywatt

So, does anyone want to have an LEAF gathering at XXX like the gas guzzlers do? :) We can turn off our car sounds and just sneak in.

Not including mine, I've seen 5 LEAFs in Issaquah as of yesterday.

saywatt said:
So, does anyone want to have an LEAF gathering at XXX like the gas guzzlers do? :) We can turn off our car sounds and just sneak in.

I've seen two others.

LEAF gathering at XXX ? How's the crowd ... never been there.

evnow said:
saywatt said:

I've seen two others.

LEAF gathering at XXX ? How's the crowd ... never been there.

They do have an annual electric car show on their schedule but it is usually planned for April..a little far off if you wanted to do something now.

They do have an annual electric car show on their schedule but it is usually planned for April..a little far off if you wanted to do something now.

XXX doesn't show that they had an EV show this past April http://www.triplexrootbeer.com/ , but now that LEAVES are falling all around, perhaps something in August might be a good time. Heck, it might be Summer by then!

If I get more interest from this thread, I will run over there and talk with the XXX people about putting something together. I can also get the local newspaper involved.

Hey, in the meantime, why not come over on Saturday to NW SolarFest in Shoreline? There's a special "EV Only" section that you can actually drive into the event grounds (West entrance only) and park in.. and be a part of the show. Or park in any free spot on campus and just check it out.

Entrance to the event is Free with 100 exhitibors, Graham Kerr (formerly known by his TV name the "Galloping Gourmet") doing solar cooking demos (pray for sun), a unique Japanese waste-plastics to fuel processor will be unveiled, live music, food, beer, garden, solar, wind, geothermal exhibits and more.

Come by and hang out, have a beer or coffee, and enjoy the day: Sun or liquid sun.

GoSolar said:
Hey, in the meantime, why not come over on Saturday to NW SolarFest in Shoreline? There's a special "EV Only" section that you can actually drive into the event grounds (West entrance only) and park in.. and be a part of the show. Or park in any free spot on campus and just check it out.

Entrance to the event is Free with 100 exhitibors, Graham Kerr (formerly known by his TV name the "Galloping Gourmet") doing solar cooking demos (pray for sun), a unique Japanese waste-plastics to fuel processor will be unveiled, live music, food, beer, garden, solar, wind, geothermal exhibits and more.

Come by and hang out, have a beer or coffee, and enjoy the day: Sun or liquid sun.

That sounds really cool, but no can do cuz of a prior commitment. :cry: Perhaps others will respond.

It is getting crowded out here. Last Thursday, I saw 5 leafs, not including mine, between Bellevue and Issaquah! Took the non I-90 route.

I don't have my Leaf yet (ETA: Oct 1st) but I'd be interested in joining a meet local Leaf owners. IDK about XXX Roobtbeer, I've gone there in the past for car meets before and I think that it may be "too soon" to head out there for a meet. Maybe if there would be a strong showing of Leafs (a few dozen), but XXX Rootbeer is a location where a lot of automotive enthusiasts meet and from personal experience a lot of them are not ready to accept the Leaf at this point and some may have serious resentments about it.

Drivesolo said:
. Maybe if there would be a strong showing of Leafs (a few dozen), but XXX Rootbeer is a location where a lot of automotive enthusiasts meet and from personal experience a lot of them are not ready to accept the Leaf at this point and some may have serious resentments about it.

That's what I thought but I see them all the time in Issaquah now. Besides, there should be close to 900, and possibly more, in the Sesttle area. Perhaps I should look into expanding the Idea to include all Eastside and Seattle :?:

Drivesolo said:
some may have serious resentments about it.

That can be a two way street! :D Not that I would want any event there to become adversarial - I would hope if they are aren't interested . . . . . .they aren't interested.

Rule 176:
Welcome all Friendly Folks, but impose upon nobody. :D :D

To some, just buying an asian car is too un-american.

Perhaps best to be patient, and let them experience "peak oil" ...
each in their own way.

Back