New Icon and (Random?) Beeping Noise on 2023 Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asjunk

New owner -- sorry if this is a stupid question. Our 2023 Leaf just started displaying a new icon at the top right of the center console/radio multifunction screen, to the right of the cellular signal and above the cellular battery. In addition, there's a beeping noise that the car makes on a somewhat irregular basis. Here's the icon -- it looks like either satellite signals beaming at the car or some kind of front sensor (excuse the picture quality and dust on the screen):

Leaf Icon.jpg

I was driving past the dealer, and they said it was the WiFi icon and it popped up because there was a system update. However, when I check for a system update, there's nothing. I've turned WiFi off in the car, and the icon still pops up and we still have that beeping noise. I've been through the manual, but can't find anything. There's no warning or other information that pops up, however. Anyone know what this icon is supposed to be telling me (and how to fix it)?

We have a Sirius XM radio subscription, but not the Sirius XM travel link service (if that matters).

There is a recall on 2023 Leafs that needs an update at your dealer to fix. It's regarding a potentially dangerous bug in cruise control software that could cause unexpected acceleration. Maybe this relates to your warning? You should schedule service, I think.

The same happened to me twice in last 3 months. I had the recall taken care of and it still happens. It stops after driving for a while. I guess it's the 12v battery warning, not sure.

Just to update the thread, 3 months later (and two visits to the dealer) and we still have no idea what this icon means or why it's there. We're up to date on the recalls, and -- aside from it annoying me -- I've decided to let sleeping dogs lie.

Just to update the thread, 3 months later (and two visits to the dealer) and we still have no idea what this icon means or why it's there. We're up to date on the recalls, and -- aside from it annoying me -- I've decided to let sleeping dogs lie.
Sorry I missed this topic, that is your cell connection for the Leaf. 4G radio in all 2018 and later Leaf models for the NissanConnect EV Services when enabled in the EV dash settings.

Back