CA - year 2 registration fees

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwalsh

Leaf Supporting Member
Got my DMV renewal for the LEAF. It's $319, including the special plate fee of $38 (so $281 with a regular plate):

Registration fee $69
License fee: $202
Weight fee: $0
Special Plate fee: $38
County/District fees: $10
Owner responsibility fee: $0

mwalsh said:
Got my DMV renewal for the LEAF. It's $319, including the special plate fee of $38 (so $281 with a regular plate):

Registration fee $69
License fee: $202
Weight fee: $0
Special Plate fee: $38
County/District fees: $10
Owner responsibility fee: $0
Similar here, San Diego County, but $313 total

Malcolm :geek:

AZ for TWO years:

Veh. Lic. Tax: $10
Air Quality: $3
Total for 2 yrs:$21.25

But remember, a lot of you in CA received a $5K rebate, so I guess this is our rebate.

Still interested what mwalsh paid in first year ... $465 here. I am simply surprised that it dropped "so much" ... but the amount of the drop depends on what was paid 1st year ... (The 1st year actual payment will vary with what you paid for the car; second year should be based on DMV's "opinion" of value ... or do they use KBB ?) If his was also $465, that's a 31% drop in one year (although that does not account for the special plate fee) !

LEAFer said:
Still interested what mwalsh paid in first year ... $465 here. I am simply surprised that it dropped "so much" ... but the amount of the drop depends on what was paid 1st year ... (The 1st year actual payment will vary with what you paid for the car; second year should be based on DMV's "opinion" of value ... or do they use KBB ?) If his was also $465, that's a 31% drop in one year (although that does not account for the special plate fee) !

I'll have to go back to my purchase paperwork and check - it's not shown on my copy of the registration. Let me get back with you.

Back