Buy Back under AZ Lemon Law

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdhauser

Leaf Supporting Member
I have a Oct 11th hearing to get Nissan to buy back my Leaf (not for battery issues).

They are not willing to buy the car back "to keep customers satisfied," they are fighting it tooth and nail despite admitting they've seen a problem and that it's a safety issue.

saintyohann said:
I have a Oct 11th hearing to get Nissan to buy back my Leaf (not for battery issues).

They are not willing to buy the car back "to keep customers satisfied," they are fighting it tooth and nail despite admitting they've seen a problem and that it's a safety issue.

And they wouldn't be doing that at all if there wasn't established rules and procedures to protect the consumer.

saintyohann said:

Dang Sainty, there are more issues with this car than the battery? Thank God my 10 month old Chili is running perfect with no battery issues, knock on wood.

Hope it works out for you.

Ian B

mksE55 said:
My point as well. I hope the BBB leans to the customer when there is middle ground.
That certainly hasn't been my experience with the BBB, which I consider more of a business joint marketing association than anything else.

But I hope Oct 11 goes well for Saintyohan. It's amazing Nissan hasn't taken care of it long ago. He got a bad car. Instead of dragging it out and finally paying him to go drive a Toyota or a Chevy, they could have just traded him for a good Leaf - of which they have plenty - and kept him as an advocate for the brand and the car. Then in remanufacturing his old car (for demo or fleet use) they could have learned what went wrong with it to improve QA for all the new cars coming off the line. Sigh...

rdhauser said:
I'm not sure how to use the little URL tag in the "post a new topic" window. Seems I should be able to assign the link to a word of text.

[ url=http://etc......]descriptive text[/url]

(put an extra space in between bracket and the u in URL so you can see the formatting. This would need removing and there would need to be a full and valid URL to work).

rdhauser said:
Here is an interesting article from the Christian Science Monitor:

http://www.csmonitor.com/Business/In-Gear/2012/0930/Nissan-buys-back-Leafs-under-Arizona-Lemon-Law

Not admitting to a systemic flaw at this point, so the buy backs are "to keep customers satisfied" (actually, I'm paraphrasing there).

I'm not sure how to use the little URL tag in the "post a new topic" window. Seems I should be able to assign the link to a word of text.

Ah, The Christian Science Monitor, I have read every issue over the last 40 years.

I have filed with BBB and the Leaf hotline called me to say they will explore a buyback. I love my Leaf, but a bar loss at 6,881 miles after babying the battery pack is not acceptable.

please keep us posted. maybe we need an topic titled Return the LEAF. and track all the BBB actions or in actions and how each case was solved.

mksE55 said:
please keep us posted. maybe we need an topic titled Return the LEAF. and track all the BBB actions or in actions and how each case was solved.

That is a great idea and may I suggest the title address Texas, Arizona, California and any other state having heat issues. I would like the OP to put the contact information to the BBB for those states and the Lemon Law link to each of them as well. As people get "made whole" whether buyback or any other offer from Nissan, they should list that along with whether they leased or purchased the vehicle. A list of the forum member steps taken for filing Lemon Law and Nissan would also help for each of those states.

Ian B

Back