Brakes

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babbles

Been meaning to ask, having my brakes on my gen 1 leaf replaced sunday, do the good brakes make a difference on regeneration?

Good brakes? Not sure what that means...

Anyways, what type of brake pads you have installed doesn't affect regen.

Regeneration refers to the conversion of kinetic energy back into chemical potential energy within the pack. In practical terms, the traction motor acts like a generator and produces an EMF field that in turn charges the pack. The type of brake pads selected don't have any influence on the regen rate curve nor on the max regen rate.

didn't realize i had replies, (should have said new brakes) it seems like my Driving miles are now actual driving miles compared to pre brake replacement, the brakes were in absolute horrible shape with a lot of palpation but now the miles go down a little slower compared to before

babbles said:
didn't realize i had replies, and it seems like my Driving miles are now actual driving miles compared to pre brake replacement, the brakes were in absolute horrible shape with a lot of palpation but now the miles are what they should be

Brake pulsation is often misattributed to "warped rotors" when it is often caused by uneven distribution of "transfer material" on the braking surface. You may find the following informative:

https://www.zeckhausen.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=6446_6443

Back