Bend Oregon

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mauileaf

Are there any DC FAST chargers in Bend, Oregon???? I'm
Moving there and want to know what your electricity costs are for those with experience in Oregon.

Thanks!

Not from Bend, but PlugShare shows no QC's in Bend itself. But, there are QC's in Redmond and Sisters. There's also one on Hwy 128 about halfway to Eugene, and if headed towards Salem there's one at Detroit Lake.

Well...a simple google search reveals this:

http://www.cec-co.com/custserv/energy_info/rates/sch_a.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The residential rate schedule for Central Electric Co-Operative:

ENERGY CHARGE
Summer (April - October) All KWH per month @ 7.33¢ per KWH
Winter (November - March) All KWH per month @ 7.07¢ per KWH
FACILITIES CHARGE $11.75 per month (energy not included)
MINIMUM CHARGE The minimum monthly charge shall be the facilities charge.

Pretty cheap juice...

--G

Thanks for the research...that is better than .45 cents per KWH here on the islands....phew!

45 cents per kWH??? If I were paying that much for electricity, it would cost just as much to operate my Leaf as my 25 MPG ICEV.

Unless you really mean .45 cent (meaning, just under 1/2 cent). In that case you have the country's cheapest electricity :lol:

RonDawg said:
45 cents per kWH??? If I were paying that much for electricity, it would cost just as much to operate my Leaf as my 25 MPG ICEV.

Unless you really mean .45 cent (meaning, just under 1/2 cent). In that case you have the country's cheapest electricity :lol:

They burn OIL to make electricity in Hawaii.

Mauileaf said:
paradise is NOT cheap. hence we're moving

ya, I lived in Hawaii and the #1 resource is space. so much so that solar and wind (both would work VERY well there) are rarely even considered because of the land crunch. its really too bad.

what they should investigate is those new off shore floating wind platforms...

TonyWilliams said:
RonDawg said:

Actually, I thought it was coal, though Wikipedia says it's 85% petroleum.

I understand that Hawaii is expensive. I've been there several times. But 45 cents/kWH is a lot, and largely eliminates the advantages of having an electric car over there (even at Hawaii gas prices), unless your work is willing to let you charge.

Yes it is $.45 a kilowatt. HI leads the nation in solar installs. My system came with a lot of incentives which made it affordable for me. Here on the Big Island, there is a lot of room, but all that is really needed is a roof. Space really isn't an issue.

RonDawg said:
TonyWilliams said:
RonDawg said:

Actually, I thought it was coal, though Wikipedia says it's 85% petroleum.

I understand that Hawaii is expensive. I've been there several times. But 45 cents/kWH is a lot, and largely eliminates the advantages of having an electric car over there (even at Hawaii gas prices), unless your work is willing to let you charge.

JumpSmartMaui has FREE DC stations all over Maui. Since August 2013 I haven't paid once for my charge.

Back